Thoughts and input

I have one of each manufacturer. 1 Savage BA stealth in 338 LM and the Mossberg MVP Precision in 224 Valkyrie. I replaced the triggers in both since I could never get used to the Accu-triggers. Both shoot extremely well with hand loads. Granted, the Valkyrie has been a tough nut to crack but it now consistently does sub 3/4 MOA at 100 meters.

Debating between a Mossberg MVP precision and a Savage Axis ii precision. I'll be going .308, from what I've read Mossberg quality has been on a steady decline and Savage has been getting better and better. Watched reviews for both but there's nothing I could find that compares those 2 guns against each other. I'll be using this at the range as well as for hunting both.
I would suggest the Savage Stealth or the Bagara B-14. I have both in the 6.5 CM and love them both. Mossberg is not known for great accuracy but they are durable. I shot a 10inch group my first time ever shooting at 1000 yards with my Savage. I'm consistently shooting 2 inch groups at 500 yds with both guns. Bagara uses the Remington 700 action so both guns have a lot of after market upgrades!

Last edited: