This little piggy

JimFromTN

Ended up on the grill. Just got back from hog hunting in GA. Got this one along with mom in 1 shot.
Resized_20220205_162518.jpeg

We go out with an outfitter in Ocilla Ga.
Yep hogs everywhere.
I got them around my house and used to get excited, but after shooting dozens of them and cleaning/processing them have not gone out. we have a friend that wants us to come over and shoot a few from here property. I have to get in the mind set and feel a little bit better with my neck/spine. I should just go shoot them and make coyote bait.
In South GA the Peanut fields are great for shooting hogs. They tase really good feeding off of peanuts most of their diet.

The ones we kill are awesome. I killed 4 pigs in 3 shots. We brought back a total of 9 hogs which includes the little one I threw on the grill. They were so marbled in fat that you would think they were farm raised. There was a 1/2 to 3/4 inch of fat that I peeled off of the loins. They are excellent eating. I could not imagine ever buying pork if I lived down there. I doubt I will be buying any pork for at least a year and thats providing I don't get any next year.

Last edited:
I haven't killed any hogs since January 2019 with my brother.
He died June 18,2019.
One day I will head some place and take a few porkers for the freezer.
JimFromTN I would save the fat as if you make sausage it will come in handy.A little fat makes some sausages extra good.