This kinda sucks….

GetReel

When I started reloading, not gonna lie, ignorance was bliss…. To a point.
The more I learn, the less confidence I seem to have.
I used to be able to go down in my mancave and screw around with this till wee hours of the morning, go shoot any weekend I wanted.
Fast forward a couple years and I have my wonderful daughter who is about to turn 2, my family and I moved and I no longer have a mancave inside the house, I have an insulated/heated garage but only kept about 40 degrees in the winter so reloading in the winder is cold.
I have very little time to go shooting and equally as little time to reload.
I think I may be at a point where it is just more practical to sell a couple rifles that I reload for and get something that has quality factory ammo offerings….

Anyone else been in my shoes?

I haven't thought much about "custom ammunition" yet at this point.

I used to be able to go down in my mancave and screw around with this till wee hours of the morning, go shoot any weekend I wanted.
Fast forward a couple years and I have my wonderful daughter who is about to turn 2, my family and I moved and I no longer have a mancave inside the house, I have an insulated/heated garage but only kept about 40 degrees in the winter so reloading in the winder is cold.
I think I may be at a point where it is just more practical to sell a couple rifles that I reload for and get something that has quality factory ammo offerings….

Let's just say it is a change in life's priorities. Do what you have to for now because that family is way more important. Trust me. You will get back to it when the time is right….the Golden Years.

I took a Black&Decker workmade and I put a plywood top, mount my press and I have a portable, movable folding "bench". When done, take the press off, fold and put away. But, life always takes a back seat to kids. In a few years, maybe she will be helping you.

I think many, if not most, of us have been in your shoes.

My suggestion is to plan ahead and turn the heat up during reloading time. Better yet get a programable thermostat and set it to warm up at a certain time/day so you can have that to look forward to, even if it's just an hour or whatever on Sunday nights after your daughter goes to bed. Loading and tinkering is a great way to keep some sanity.

Also, I know she's still a little small but include her on scouting trips and anything else you can. The together time cannot be replaced and she'll grow up loving the things her Dad is into. Hopefully, you can include her Mom, too.

Whatever you do, stay the course! It WILL get better!