This kinda sucks….

I've got two boys, ages 5 and 6. I spoke to the wife and she agreed that upgrading my equipment to buy back time was a reasonable compromise. AutoTrickler, Henderson trimmer, Dillon 550 press, and arbor press were all able to give me back time spent in the reloading room to be with my family.
I see what you did there. lol

When I started reloading, not gonna lie, ignorance was bliss…. To a point.
The more I learn, the less confidence I seem to have.
I used to be able to go down in my mancave and screw around with this till wee hours of the morning, go shoot any weekend I wanted.
Fast forward a couple years and I have my wonderful daughter who is about to turn 2, my family and I moved and I no longer have a mancave inside the house, I have an insulated/heated garage but only kept about 40 degrees in the winter so reloading in the winder is cold.
I have very little time to go shooting and equally as little time to reload.
I think I may be at a point where it is just more practical to sell a couple rifles that I reload for and get something that has quality factory ammo offerings….

Anyone else been in my shoes?

I haven't thought much about "custom ammunition" yet at this point.
I didn't read the four page but I think I get it. If you're concerned on contaminates entering the house you can do what I do. I decap and clean primer pockets outside my house. I also tumble my brass out in the garage. Spray with One Shot outside and size brass inside. Tumble again out in the garage and everything else is done inside. Heck I even seat my bullets using a handheld Lee press. I do everything in stages as time permits.

Get a Couple of .22 LR. Rifles One for You, One for, your Daughter for when, she's about, 5 or, 6 ( cut stock to Fit,.. Her )
Get yourself, a 6.5 Creedmoor in, a cheaper, Tikka or Savage for WHEN, you have, a Few Minutes to,.. Yourself !
Buy some Factory, Hornady Precision Match, 140's and shoot some, Steel Plates with , Buddies for,.. Relaxation and,.. FUN !
You'll HAVE Time to Re-Load ammo, when the kids are in College OR, WHEN,.. you Retire !

Last edited:
When I started reloading, not gonna lie, ignorance was bliss…. To a point.
The more I learn, the less confidence I seem to have.
I used to be able to go down in my mancave and screw around with this till wee hours of the morning, go shoot any weekend I wanted.
Fast forward a couple years and I have my wonderful daughter who is about to turn 2, my family and I moved and I no longer have a mancave inside the house, I have an insulated/heated garage but only kept about 40 degrees in the winter so reloading in the winder is cold.
I have very little time to go shooting and equally as little time to reload.
I think I may be at a point where it is just more practical to sell a couple rifles that I reload for and get something that has quality factory ammo offerings….

Anyone else been in my shoes?

I haven't thought much about "custom ammunition" yet at this point.
Hang on to your stuff and put it away. Spend as much time with your daughter as you can now. Time fly's and one day you'll be missing her after she leaves while you're sitting with a reloading press handle in your hand. I'm not there yet but feeling it as my oldest daughter graduates this year. It seems like yesterday when we were hitting balls with plastic bats in the yard and now she will be playing softball this fall in college.