The Rifle You’ll Never Touch

• Thread starter Deleted member 48126
  • Start date
Mine is a Remington 700 BDL 30.06 that my dad bought in the 70's. I got it 3 years ago after he passed and took 2 whitetails with it a year later. It has been locked in the safe ever since.

I've considered taking it with me to Africa in June, but don't want to risk something happening to it in transit. It's got a trigger job on the factory trigger and a Tasco with a custom turret, along with the prettiest factory Remington stock I've ever seen. My dad went through 5-6 boxes in the back of Carter's Country in Houston looking for the perfect one and I think he found it.

I will give it to my son when he's old enough, which probably won't be long. He's 6 now and shoots a 300 Blackout most of the time. He's started shooting my 6.5 Creedmoor in preparation for Africa since I can't take an AR over there for him to hunt with.

Attachments

• DEB2FD9A-D630-443C-BCAC-FF60B4847913.jpeg
    DEB2FD9A-D630-443C-BCAC-FF60B4847913.jpeg
    866.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
My late 50's era Walther KKJ 22lr. Inherited it from my grandfather who bought it new while on duty in Korea. The rifle is all original and still shoots as good or better than most new 22's. Really is a relic of a forgotten time in fine rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts