the allen mags

Please use the search funtion! Plug in Fiftydriver or APS and sit down for some great reading
There already is a LOT of info posted.great reading by the way!!!!

Paulmoney,

What would you like to know about the Allen Magnums? There are getting to be a pretty good herd of them so if there are any in particular you are interested let me know and I can give you the skinny on them. Here is a list of the current Allen Magnums and Allen Xpress rounds. There are several soon to be released as well so I will mark those that are currently proven and available for chambering and which are in testing still:

224 Allen Magnum.......In testing
257 Allen Xpress
6.5mm Allen Xpress
270 Allen Xpress
257 Allen Magnum
6.5mm Allen Magnum
270 Allen Magnum
277 Allen Magnum
7mm Allen Magnum
300 Allen Xpress.......In testing
300 Allen Magnum.......In testing
338 Allen Magnum
375 Allen Magnum
458 Allen Magnum.......In testing
50 Allen Tactical......In testing
510 Allen Magnum

Let me know which you would be interested in. Also, as correctly mentioned already, if you search under Allen Magnum, APS or similiar titles you should get alot of reading on here. I am pretty windy when I type and there are getting to be alot of guys using the Allen Magnums so they have posted good data and stories as well.

Thanks for the interest.

Kirby Allen(50)

The 270 Allen Xpress is based on the 300 Dakota with its 2.550" case length.

The 270 Allen Magnum is based on either the 7mm RUM or 300 RUM and has a case length of 2.850". Other then that they are basically the same, the AM just has a longer body section for larger case capacity.

The 270 Allen Xpress will slightly exceed what the 270 or 7mm STW will produce with same bullet weights and same barrel lengths.

The 270 Allen Magnum will get you another 150 to 200 fps over that depending on bullet length and barrel length.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.