The .416 Barrett........Who makes their lathe turned BULLETS?????

mindcrime

Fellow LR friends, sorry that I haven't been around lately. I have been putting off many of my hobbies while I have been getting to the bottom of my severe back pain/spasm problem......short story, after two years of lost work, the Drs have found that I have the gentic marker for Spondytitis so I am in 2% of the population with this disease. No pity parties for me please, I am UPBEAT about the situation and am agressively fighting-----just having to re-prioritize my life that's all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

With my recent news, my high risk sporting interests are going bye-bye, so my highly expensive racing quad is going to be parted out, opening up some free flowing cash, so now I am back to looking at Kirby playing with my CZ550 Safari Mag in .416 Rigby. I've compared ballistics between the .338 cal 250gr. Barnes TSX (fired from the .338-378 Wby @ 3000 fps) to the .416 400gr. TSX (out of a hot Rigby load @ 2500 fps), and outside of the trajectory, the .416 packs LOADS more energy way out there, and dopes the wind quite well. We're talking for ELK here fellas, and LR varmints/targets.

So now I am considering selling my McMillian Safari stock for a McMillian Baker Special, truing up the CZ action and adding a GA Precision handle tactical knob and Gunkote while I'm at it, adding a 32" ABS barrel, a brake from Kirby or Holland, an additional Remington style recoil lug (in addition to the Mauser receiver's)---I have a TUBB Rem 700 lug just sitting around, possibly some Ivey rings (they fit the receiver's length PERFECTLY), and chambered in a tight necked .416 Rigby OR a .50 Whisper (my second choice---50 cal incendiaries and slow moving tracers appeal to me for some reason! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ).

I NEED to purchase a few samples of the high BC bullets for the new .416 Barrett to do twist calculations and to look at OAL loaded in a .416 Rigby case. <u>Does ANYONE know who makes the bullets for the up and coming .416 Barrett???</u> I called Barrett today, and their words were "Mum."

THANKS for any info that you can provide,

Jeff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.