Thanks to SBRUCE

ranjan1

Had the chance to spend a few days on the Bruce ranch hunting dogs. Met with Shane a few times and he was a completely good guy. We didn't get to hunt with him; but he assured us that next year he will be ready. All in all it was a pleasure to work with him. Thanks again Shane. Randy & Mike

Hey Randy and Mike, You're welcome.

You must've made it home in good shape? Glad to hear you had some good shootin.

Hopefully by next summer I'll be out of this "gunsmithing/load development" stage in into the "burning the barrel" stage with some of these new rifles.?
How much time I get off work between now and then and if the weather is calm when I do get days off is the main determining factor.

How many rounds did you guys fire this year? Was the shooting on your last day (in the big town) better than the other towns close to the house?

Shane , we fired about 250 rds each, not bad for about 4 hours shooting and mike was trying to whack one at 1200 yds. he was hitting the mound consistently but the dog finally got tired of waiting for him and went in. i shot several at 500 plus and everyone had a great time. finish your guns and we' ll do it again

mike was trying to whack one at 1200 yds. he was hitting the mound consistently but the dog finally got tired of waiting for him and went in.

**** wind!!!:rolleyes:

I was shooting at that one in a pretty stiff L to R quartering away crosswind and was all around him till he finally went in...I was hitting the mound to the left and to the right, and even threw dirt all over him a couple times. I was within a few inches of gettin him. But, he gave me about 6 or 7 shots at him and then headed in. I know exactly what hole it is though, just incase we go back:D. That was as much fun as hitting one of the closer ones though.

Mmmm, these honey sticks are good too Shane:cool:. Dont worry, I'll be sure to bring ya some more out next year.

Thanks again for meetin up with us. it was nice seein ya again.

Mike

yea Mike, those sticks sure were good!:) The guys at work that I shared em with thought so too.

Just got word from APS that my Borden action Lilja barrel 300 WSM is very nearly finished. He said it shot a sub 4" (5shot) group at 900 yds in the initial testing.

Now if I can just get that new 6 Long Dasher finished and load developed, maybe I'll have something to try the 1000 yd club with next time you'all are out.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.