Thank you and next reloading steps

rjfunk

First of all a big thank you to everyone that has been posting on this site. I've been lurking on this site and one other one for a while, and finally stepped it up and started reloading. Simple Lee Breech lock reloading kit and a lot of answers from you (you've almost answered every question I had if I searched a bit).

Here are the results of the load workup (Hdy 130 grain SST, RL22, Fed primer and brass, COAL 3.360 just fits inside the clip). Gun is a Browning A-bolt 270 and was a moa shooter with factory hornady ammo.

Loadtesting1.jpg

Loadtesting2-1.jpg

Loadtesting2.jpg

Loadtesting3.jpg

I'm really happy with a .438 grouping, but I still want to play around the 58.8 to 59.3 mark to see what happens in between there. There were no pressure signs that i could see at all. gun)

Thanks again. This success is largely a result of the help of this forum.

Last edited:
Absolutely, I was actually thinking of redoing the whole procedure to see if I would reproduce the results. I might yet. But shoot I will. The bug has bitten again.

I never had much luck with the SST bullets. I found the weight bullet to bullet was not very consistent. You might try a better quality bullet from Sierra or Nosler and see if your groups tighten up. Clearly you are doing something right.

gun)
I never had much luck with the SST bullets. I found the weight bullet to bullet was not very consistent. You might try a better quality bullet from Sierra or Nosler and see if your groups tighten up. Clearly you are doing something right.

gun)I have found that the SST bullets in my rifle work great,
but like every thing else , some guns like them or hate them!!

I've been weight sorting mine, and almost all fall into two groups: 130.4 gns and 130.5. If you got too much weight variance, perhaps Hornady would replace them.

I've finished reloading another test group between 58.6 gns and 59.4 gns. I'll shoot them as soon as I can.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.