• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Testing interest in .338 Edge

Bravo 4

I have been thinking about upgrading from a LR to ELR rig. Found a rifle I like but the wife said I can get it if I sell my .338, which turns my stomach a little.

Here's what I got:
Kirby Allen built .338 Edge
Remington 700 trued, trigger worked over
30" Lilja #7
Choate Tactical (adjustable)
Seekings 20 MOA base

In the picture it has a 5.5-22x50 NXS but would be sold with a 8-32x56 with mildot reticle.

The good:
built by Kirby
Shoots 300 SMK's into little groups
the big heavy stock balances out the long heavy barrel
I will send 50 new brass and a 50 box of 300 SMK's, if needed I will even load them for you (no dies, needed to load for a buddy's edge)

The bad:
600 rounds down the barrel, which I would think is close to half the barrel life (well taken care of. I don't really shoot it for groups much, I check it for drop and then go for first round hits at extended range).
I had a smith make an adapter for a suppressor and when doing so said he cleaned up the threads on the barrel. This worked fine but after I took the suppressor off (won't fit in my safe with it on) and went to put the brake back on it seized up about 2/3 the way on. It is indexed correctly and shoots fine, but has an aesthetic gap. After hunting season he was gonna cut it off and rethread it.

Whatcha think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 15
Asking $2,200 shipped.
Pic 1 typical 100 groups
Pic 2 checking drop at 400 (two shots, knock the little sticker off on second hit)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 6
Sorry,phone didn't load first pic and turned the second.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 12
Ok, it's almost funny how stupid I feel! I forgot to mention a major detail, it's a left hand rifle!!!

Back up for sale...

If anybody is interested in just the rifle let me know, $1100.

I would like to thank everybody for not being interetsed in my rifle.:D:D:D
All over 600 yards.

Attachments

• Deer 1.jpg
    Deer 1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 12
  • Deer 2.jpg
    Deer 2.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 8