Teflon Finishes

No I don't blast the stock it is a little to agressive for the material. I do rough it up and make sure it is not contaminated prior to finshing. Like I said the real important work is in the prep.

Are there any concerns when doing a scope? Besides not bead blasting the glass. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Shawn ,

Just making sure I am following this correctly, cerrakote for scopes and stocks , teflon moly for actions /bbls ?

What do you use for prepping ? alcohol perhaps ? . Would scuffing a scope with scotchbrite be sufficient for the cerrakote to adhere ?

Thanks , Jim B.

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA,

Do not, I repeat do not and for those of you who did not hear do not blast the scope. I simply wipe down with Acetone taking care not to get anyhwere near the glass. Simply get the oil and contaminates off. If you are using Cerakote use air dry on the stock and scope and oven cure on the metal.

[ QUOTE ]
WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, Do not, I repeat do not and for those of you who did not hear do not blast the scope.

[/ QUOTE ]Ever stuck one in the OVEN? . I am going to do one - but with the pure intention of seeing WHAT HAPPENS - AND EXPECTING DISASTER. - DONT PANIC!! - A CHEEPO CHINESE 4*32. Later I am going to do another (a 10*42) but strip it of all internal components - Just for the sake of experimentation you understand.

Why don´t you try the big SB in the oven and we´ll see how tough they are ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Why don´t you try the big SB in the oven and we´ll see how tough they are ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Tempting - but on reflection - no! - I did actually think of baking a HAKKO MP 10*42 - but it's a good one (rare that!)

My guess is that an S&B might well resist. Good O-rings do. But plastic optics wont.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.