TC compass question

I bought one in .308 for 3 reasons,price,the double safety feature,and the threaded barrel so I could put muzzle break on it.The adjustable trigger is a plus also.I'm enjoying my tc compass.You have a good rifle.

cohunt: why are ignoring the "what caliber" question??
Not caliber but cartridge...caliber is the size of the hole in the barrel, cartridge or chambering is what you probably want to know
Does it matter though?
Is there a reason to start a cartridge debate?
I'm not asking if I picked the right cartridge, I'm asking about the muzzle/shoulder regardless if it's a 20br or 30 nosler ( yes I know the compass isnt chambered for either of those)

Just trying to keep this thread on track as much as possible

Last edited:
I'm just saying that tc compass rifles are good in my opinion,regardless of the caliber.Maybe contact the manufacturer and present them the question about muzzle shoulder.I'm a happy camper.Good luck.

Glad to hear people arent having issues with the small shoulder.

Most Smith's recommend at least .700-.750" diam at the muzzle for a proper shoulder when using 5/8" threads, this barrel is .645" at the shoulder so it leaves a fairly small shoulder for seating.

In regards to the trigger, yes its adjustable but super heavy. I installed an "earnie the gun Smith" spring in my win 70 and it was nice, also put an mcarbo in my xbolt and it's pretty good too. This rifle will definately get a trigger spring at some time down the road but for now-- for a practicing youngster-- it will stay on the heavy side for a while.

She started with a cricket 22, then got a 10/22, and has shot my 223 and 6.8 ar's at the range, but it's time for her to step up to a bolt action centerfire to practice for her pronghorn hunt this year (as long as she draws the tag) I know shes not going to drop it 40 times, but we all have unexpected slips or drops in the field every once in a while.
MCARBO has very reasonable trigger spring kits, easy to install, and install videos on line. I've used them on my 6.5 T/C Creedmoor and my T/C .308 with great results.

I have the compass in 6.5 Creedmor and use a Silencer Hybrid on it. Works fine with no issues. I didn't notice any seating issues, so never even measured the shoulder. For a sub $200 gun, it's a hell of a shooter.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.