Tasco Super Sniper

Mikecr

Had a chance today to directly compare Leupold Mk4s against the Tasco Super duper sniper(whatever).
I have to say the Tasco was optically equal. Shorter, way lighter, same exact retical/subtension & of coarse, alot less money.
Things I didn't like as much as Leupold:
Clicks were not very audible/tactile. They were there, and the knobs turn with alot less effort, but forget counting clicks. Would have to use visual placement.
The rear parallax adjustment sucks as bad as front parallax scopes, and is of coarse -a bitch to turn. Leupold side adjustment is superior.
But for ~300bucks the Tasco impressed me.

Mikecr,
I have a 20x supersniper on my lr gun. I would agree they are optically great. I noticed the same thing with the audible cliks, but I remembered reading somewhere else on this board about running them out to break them in. I ran them fully up and down, in and out 3 times and voila....perfect. The parralax adjustment, I actually find easier to use but had to break in also. I did some shooting in deer season with temps about 15 deg. Faren. The turrets and parralax both seemed to get gummy...maybe the lube that they are using? All in all this scope is well worth the money. I'll put another one on my next gun.

If you want clear clicks, take the rubber o ring off the turrent. Problem solved.

Just take off the turrent cap and you will see a rubber o ring. Remove the the turrents will move wonderfully.

O ring is only necessary if planning on making a submarine out of your scope.

Jerry

Another option is to just once a year or so take the caps off, wipe out the inside and clean the turrets, and put a little (very small) dab of o-ring grease on the rubber to keep them nice and pliable. Minor maintenance, and considering the cost of the scope relative to the performance I've had from it, I'd say it's still a pittance.

YMMV,

Monte

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.