Talk to me about Strikers

I'm currently putting one together, Its going to have a 17" mcgowen barrel in 7wsm and its going to be a rear grip converted gun. That way I will be able to use the nicer triggers that are available for the rifles. The strikers are pretty slick, I can swich barrels in about 5 min. There were triggers avialable but I had a hard time getting a nice weight without slamfires. chech out the forums at savageshooters.com, a lot of info ...

Last edited:
338hammer (Neal) is making the rear grip striker stocks and is also making center & rear grip ones for XP's

Strikers

Can't believe that 8 months ago I got my first. Now I have 5 from 22-250AI through 375X300WSM.
Easy switch barrels, requiring no gunsmithing. Relatively in-expensve barrels in many calibers. Good triggers if converted to rear grip. Lots of takeoff rifle barrels available from free to ???. They all shoot great and with a nice McGowen bench quality barrel they are tight group one holers.

I have Benchrest Accurtriggers(needs converting) and I have Fred Moroso's rifle trigger on mine. I bought two benchrest actions from Jim at Northland shooters supply and made my own!

Click on savageshooters.com as suggested and check out the adds on the home page.

Been looking at one striker for a few week at gun store but price is too high for hunlee.Have new barrle for contender and new scope 3-12 Burris for barrel so hunlee is tapped out for now.Maybe once hunlee catch up on back house payment for last two month will start thinking about Striker.Sure wood be nice for hunlee to have two long ranger pistol

hunlee

Been looking at one striker for a few week at gun store but price is too high for hunlee.Have new barrle for contender and new scope 3-12 Burris for barrel so hunlee is tapped out for now.Maybe once hunlee catch up on back house payment for last two month will start thinking about Striker.Sure wood be nice for hunlee to have two long ranger pistol hunlee

With the price of SP's that end up needing to be customized, I think you should consider waiting for McGowen to come out with their action and then get a barreled action from them and then purchase one of Neal's stocks. In the long run you will likely spend less money and have a better LR rig for your money.

That Mcgowan action should be a good choice.If you are going to go rear grip,the new target actions Savage is making look nice.They only run about $425.00 with an accutrigger,and are available RP/LP or RB/RP with both 223 and 308 boltfaces.I looked at them at the Shot Show,and was impressed.

375x300wsm

I have a friend with the reamer. Chamber anything from 6.5 through .416
50 plus years tool and die maker/gunsmith. Very precise work and at $45. I don't do my own any more. [email protected]

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.