183.4gn

Variance of 4.3gn.

WINCHESTER LR PRIMERS:

Variance of 0.2gn.

NOSLER 85gn BT:

Variance of 0.2gn.

MY HANDLOADS (Brass, Primer, Powder and Projectile):

Variance of 6gns.

I weighed some .243 HANDLOADS (Brass, Primer, Powder and Projectile)
I made for repairman and got a variance of 2.7gn using REMINGTON brass.

Conclusion: ? Swap to REM brass ?

What do you think?

TIA

Skip

Here's my thinking (being a velocity hawg) and 25-06AI implies velocity /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

If my brass choice is Win or Rem I always go with the Win. I sort 100 to get maybe 50 of either brand. Win is lighter and has more case volume allowing more powder which usually results in greater velocity.

Accuracy has always been as good as necessary. GG sorts many cases to get a few. He also sorts primers and bullet weight and bearing length. I don't go to that length yet. But he hits chucks at the horizon and I don't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Guess I ought to change.

You may wish to compare Win and Rem cases but I wouldn't recommend a top Win brass load in a rem case. Could be a bit sticky.

Just my tho'ts.

Thanks for your input,
The cases are neck sized, trimmed to length and deburred.

The Rem brass seems to be more consistant even though weighing the loaded weight was probably not the best way to get a strong conclusuion.

I was worried about there being a 6gn difference and even a 7gn difference in the overall weight of the 25-06 AI handloads.

I have sorted the loads and have seperated the ones that are over 5gns above the weight so they can be dismantled.

cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.