Tac 15 already paper tuned?

Chyhunting

Today I went to the Grand Opening of a local "pro shop". They have moved from another area in the state and seem to be knowledgable. The owner told me that the Tac 15 elite I have ordered (not from him) will come already paper tuned. I have not heard this before and this is my first Tac 15 purchase. Does anyone know this to actually be the case.? I have read elsewhere that the manual explains how to paper tune the bow but I have read nothing that says it is already done. Can anyone elaborate???

I conversed with him for quite a while and he definitely said numerous times that the manual states that it is already paper tuned. He is a rather arrogant fellow. He claims that he was the only dealer around (central Va.) that stocked the Tac 15 but does'nt anymore because of a disagreement with PSE. He also told me that the only way to mount a drop down rest on the Tac ,and retain the warranty, is to order the adapter from some man that makes them himself up north. Any truth to that one?....... He seemed to relax with the "better than you" attitude when he realized that I've been into archery for just under 30 years. I am by no means "green" to the world of archery but I am a newbie to the crossbow side. It has only been a few years now that we have been able to hunt with them in Va. so this has sparked my interest.

The manual does not say it is already paper tuned.

We sell the drop down with a bracket. Out of hundreds we have never had a drop down rest related failure.

We sell more TAC's than any one according to PSE.

We feel we know more about them than any other dealer.

We expect to receive our first 2013`s very soon. Taking orders now.

Hi Chyhunting,
I not only did most of the field testing work and was heavily involved in the development work of the Drop Down Rest that Len was referring to, but I've also written a great many of the step-by-step tuning articles on the TAC crossbows, so like Len, I'm somewhat qualified to answer your question.

Len had it correct in the fact that PSE does not Paper Tune any of their crossbows prior to shipment.

That's not to say that you can't get one that just happens to be correctly aligned and therefore it just happens to shoot nice bullet holes when tested on a Paper Tuner, but by no means should you trust that it will. Before you even think of going anywhere near a Paper Tuner, take the time to Level and Square everything properly, then insure all screws are securely tightened everywhere on the crossbow.

After all accessories have been mounted and secured, then head for the paper tuning exercise. Follow the manufacturers instructions carefully and do not by-pass these instructions if you want a TAC Crossbow that performs well.

Regards,

Jon Henry

Thank y'all so much for being supportive. It's nice to know there are people out there still willing to help others...

Hi Chyhuntimg,
Maybe in time, once you've gotten your TAC tuned and shooting well you'll choose to join us and do the same for others? It's called pay it forward!

Regards,

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.