Tac 10i draw gear shaft broke

Rustyfritz

Hey guys. New to the forum here.

I purchased a tac 10i not to long ago. Been getting ready for hunting season and was getting ready to shoot it the other day and had some problems.

While I was cranking I hear a snap and the cranking stopped. Couldn't let string down or anything. Finally got string down using two people. Removed top half and found the draw gear shaft broke at the small holding pin hole. The pin that would go through the draw gear and gear shaft is gone and the shaft is broken in 2 pieces. Anyone ran into this problem before? I've contacted Andy but wasn't sure if I can even get a replacement part like that or not. I'm hoping I don't have to make one and can find or buy one somewhere. It seems I've read the newer ones had an issue with the pin being loose and draw gear spinning on shaft. But this is a much older model and my shaft snapped

I was hoping to get this thing going for opening day on sept 5th. But it looks like the compound might have to do.

Rustyfritz, Things like this never happen at a good time. I feel your pain, I had issues with my Tac last year right at the beginning of deer season and didn't get things right until after the season was over. Being that the Tac 10i has been discontinued for awhile, your best bet would probably be to contact PSE and see if they still have the replacement part you need.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.