Tac 15i firing before full draw

I posted this a few days ago to a thread that was a couple of years old, sorry to repost but was hoping if it was new, it would be seen by more. I copied and pasted my reply to Slugger61 below. Thanks guys for any help or advice. I have inspect as closely as possible without disassembling anything for a closer look.

I know this is an old post but I hope you see my reply. I came here looking for an answer to the same problem you described. I had it happen yesterday 11/11/2014. It's not the draw string thing, I've experienced that. Mine actually fires before full draw. Not just bumping the arrow off, it releases the string. It happened 3 times in a row, the first one was at about half draw and the next 2 right before the sled drops into the notch at full draw. It was actually firing the arrow into the ground. I stopped after that realizing it wasn't just some error on my part. Nothing looks damaged but I haven't been able to thoroughly inspect it yet. I've put about 500 shots thru mine and had a dry fire yesterday about 30 shots before this happened. The dry fire safety worked as it's suppose to but my D loop looked a bit stretched but not damaged. I plan to inspect it closer tonight. If you got the answer to your problem, please share, I'm anxious to get mine back up and running. I understand this is a very dangerous and serious issue but hoping for a simple fix. I was dialing in a HHA speed dial with great success. My last shot before this incident was a dead on bullseye hit at 80 yards.

Side note, compared to other shooters settings with the speed dial, my xbow has slowed down considerably, about 340 fps or so. my 60 yard setting is 39 :-(. Axle to axle at rest is 17.25.

Bobby Strickland
Dunn, NC
910-694-6248
call or text :)

Ok, with some light string tied to the bow and hooked on the cocking sled, I noticed the problem. Something is broken or apart in the trigger mechanism. I was wrong about the AD at half draw the first time, it all happened so fast and startled me so I must have not noticed the position. When the sled depresses the hammer, it doesn't set the trigger, almost like a full auto, the hammer is depressed and immediately fires. I can see what looks like a pin that has fallen into the lower receiver or it may be a broken part. About to go in for a closer look.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.