Tac crank gear pin

Mike K/NJ

I just want to pass on a little information for everyone with the new Elite and possibly Ordnance to check for. There is a very small steel pin that goes through the crank gear and shaft that holds the gear in place. I have the Elite and Mine has fallen out twice, with the second time being yesterday. I was very lucky in the fact that both times it happened, I was inside and heard it. It's held in place with a small allen head set screw. The first time I put the pin back in and put loctite on the set screw. Obviously That didn't work so I'm not sure what to do this time.

Mike,

PSE just announced a recall for the TAC Elites and Ordnance that have been shipped out already this year. Crossbow Recall

The reason for the recall is to address the problem you have had. They will also check over and make adjustments to a few other items that are much less serious.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.