T/C Fox Ridge Custom : going of business

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by waltercrouse, May 29, 2014.

1. waltercrouse

waltercrouse Well-Known Member

I just read that the custom shop Fox Ridge , for T/C is going out of business by the years end.
    I am a fan of T/C and will be gun)sorry to see the custom shop go away. I have a T/C contender, I never had an Encore frame. The barrels I have are 30/30 IMP. 14"and a 30 herrret 10". The 30 herret is a custom reloading required.

2. Lefty7mmstw

Lefty7mmstw Well-Known Member

'Tis a sad thing to see a gun related business go out of business but this seems more like an alignment with s&w than a financial issue. That said, TC's factory barrels are usually very good and ssk industries is still putting out some pretty interesting stuff for contenders. There are others in the contender bbl. business too.

Contender | SSK Industries

Bullberry Barrel Works, Ltd. - Custom Firearms - World Famous for Accuracy

T/C Contender Custom Shop Barrels - Made to Order by EABCO

TC Custom Shop - Thompson Center Arms Custom Shop, custom barrels for the TC Encore, Contender, and G2 from EABCO and Fox Ridge Outfitters

3. 1100 Remington Man

1100 Remington Man Well-Known Member

The saddest part of TC is there break from traditional muzzle loader. They made a quality Rifle.

4. Lefty7mmstw

Lefty7mmstw Well-Known Member

I hadn't been following this. When did TC get out of the side-hammer gun business??

5. Dr. Vette

Dr. Vette Well-Known Member

If you Google this it looks like it actually closed 4 years ago...

6. RT2506

RT2506 Well-Known Member

Match Grade Machines (MGM) makes some great barrels for Contender and Encore. I think their web sited is down for a remake right now but they are still in business. I have a 14" SS Shilen barrel in 30-30AI made by them that is really accurate. With IMR 4198 and 125 ballistic tips it will do 2670 fps and shoot 3/4" or better groups @ 100 yards all day and it just SMOKES deer.

7. Jim in Cali

Jim in Cali Well-Known Member

Yep when Smith & Wesson bought T/C I knew right then and there T?C in it's self would come to and end and seeing the crap S&W is making them turn out it's just a matter of time. Fred at BullBerry was working on his own design for a T/C type but I don't know if it's gonna get done.