T/C Encore and custom barrels

rogerstv

Seeking advice between purchasing custom made barrels in 6mm and .300 calibers for my TC Encore versus purchasing bolt action custom rifles. I hunt, but enjoy target shooting. I very much appreciate a highly accurate firearm. Never owned a custom made rifle. While discussing my thoughts with a friend, he suggested I purchase a custom barrel in the caliber of choice for my TC instead of dropping a couple thousand on a bolt action.

Does anyone have any experience with both options? TC and custom vs. custom bolt action?

Right now, I only have a TC .50 cal barrel for the Encore. It shoots decent. I installed an aftermarket hinge pin. Didn't affect accuracy. Now that hunting season is over, I will install an aftermarket trigger spring. All from Bellm TCs.

If you want a consistently accurate target rifle get a custom bolt rifle. Yes there are very accurate Encores out there but a blind hog can root up an acorn now and then also. The Encore will make a good hunting rifle but there is a reason that you don't see them on the podium winning shooting matches. I have shot T/C Contender pistols for years and yes custom barrels are usually more consistently accurate than standard T/C barrels. Match Grade Machines (MGM) makes some very good barrels. If I was going to get into long range shooting especially target shooting with pistols I would be getting some sort of bolt action because they are just that much more solid and accurate. Just remember consistent accuracy cost money. And as P.O. Ackley said the only interesting rifle is an accurate one, or something to the effect. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.