T C Encore ???

redbone

I have an TC Encore . I have been told that if you would put an over size Hing Pin in your Encore that it would tighten the Group up .

If you have did this what kind of pin did you use ?

How much did it tighten the group up ?

where did you buy your over size pin ?

Have any body used Bellm Products Over size Pin or other trigger parts in your Encore?

Redbone

PS
what rounds were you shooting in your encore ?

I do a fair bit of work on Encores here in my area and I use Bellm products. Mike makes great stuff and is a welth of help when something doesn't work out.

the over sized hinge pins run about $15 and are well woth the money

with a good trigger job , bedded forend and the over sized pin groups will generaly shrink from 20-50% depending on how poorly the current setup is some guns are tight from the factory and the forend is well fit and other arn't.

I've got a couple barrels from Bullberry and TC's custom shop in calibers ranging from 22BR to 300Win mag and all shoot realy well , I've even got a 25-06 factory heavy barrel that will shoot sub half inch with most loads.

Bellm has everything you need. I ordered the first 2 sizes over the stock pin and found the first one to be perfect; and that is the #1 accurizing mod. With his spring kit I got my trigger down to 17oz. with no "push off". I also used his heavier locking lug springs. These are very cheap mods by the way.

JD, is your 300WM the 26" Heavy Barrel?? If so what does she like to eat?? Mine likes the 165gr SST with 75gr of RL-22 seated to the cannelure.
Picture022.jpg
Under MOA for 100yds(the outside of the square is 2", inside is 1") This load is a load that I tried the first time I had the barrel on the frame....The best so far with this one is 1 1/2" @ 300yds with 190gr Hornady BTSP

Just don't send the frame to the factory with the oversized pin, I have heard it will void the warrenty.
Mike does excellent work and really knows his TC's. I have a bunch of his stuff and a 300/221 barrel he chambered for me from VVG.

I'm shootin about the same thing as you
I shoot 165gr Nosler Balistic tips over 77grs of R-22 with a Federal 210M primer , the mag primers diden't give very good consistancy in this gun. I'm not sure if its the powder or not but the Muzzel velocity with this load is only just over 3000 fps which is almost 200fps slower than some other data I've seen

I'm not sure if it was on this forum or not about using match primers instead of regular primers......better consistancy(sp) in the match primers(in some instances, the normal primers outdid the match stuff, but not in all tests) With that in mind, I think I'll try and burn through my normal stuff and go match(like a buck or so more than the normal ones).......Is your 300 the heavy barrel?? With the 165gr BT's what was your accuracy with that load? The other rounds I have tried are the 165gr Speer Hot-cor's, I didn't have my chrony at that time but with those bullets my accuracy suffered as well.

first you need to start with your barrel. some t/c factory barrel don't shoot well (this is a fact) then you can look at head space shims and over sized pins. both of which if you have a good barrel that fits right you don't need (wasted money) a trigger job is alway a good investment. call MGM and get a good barrel

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.