• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED T/C Contender 309 JDJ

TMR

Official LRH Sponsor
Time to fund another project.....

T/C Contender
14" SS barrel chambered in 309 JDJ w/brake
Pacmyr grips
SSK Trigger job (very crisp)
4x Redfield scope w/ Leupold Mounts
Hornady Dies
Brass and loaded ammo (approx. 100 rounds)

I have been shooting 150gr Nosler BT's with it at 2300 fps. Very accurate, I just don't use it much anymore.

Would like to get $650 for the whole works.
DSCF0004.jpg

I may be hunting next month in a unit where rifles are not allowed this year but I think your rig would be legal. Never hunted with a handgun. What accuracy do you get with this rig? How many rounds through it?

100 rounds total, how many are loaded rounds?

Len
It really sucks when you live in Wis. and find out you can't use a rifle up north but you can use a pistol as long as it is rifle caliber.
Found out last year and am thinking the same thing as you
Tim V

Len,

I believe that there are close to 50 rounds loaded. I originally purchased 100 rounds of brass and lost a few during case forming. Probably around 30-40 rounds unloaded shot brass. I have closed to 250 rounds through the barrel total. Accuracy is pretty good. Usually around 1" at 100 yds if I can hold it steady. It just takes a little getting used to the pistol scope is all. I can check tonight when I get home exactly how many rounds I have loaded up if you want. I think that the 50 round box is almost full though.

Len, you can use a handgun anywhere in WI unless there is a local ordinance against it. That's all I use.
Let me know if you want to try something, I have an XP in 260 Rem(rear grip) I'm not using this year and probably won't use my Striker in 7-08 (center grip) either. I really like my MOA in 6.5x284. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Len,
Mike wouldn't tease about something like that and Mike's rigs will shoot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTT......Price drop......$500 or trade for SA Remington w/308 bolt face or Leupold scopes.

Wish I could find deal like this today. I didn't look at post date till after requesting info.

Last edited: