Switching to magnum primers?

Rilow

I have a load been working on n shoots pretty decent, for me anyhow.
338 wm
215 partitions
72.5 grn of IMR 4350
The 72.5 grn is .5 grn from max in nosler manual, I'm using win large rifle primers and want to try magnum primers. Should I start over or back off on powder being I'm so close to max. At this point no signs of pressure just thinking magnum primers could push it over the edge, what's your thoughts.

I have a load been working on n shoots pretty decent, for me anyhow.
338 wm
215 partitions
72.5 grn of IMR 4350
The 72.5 grn is .5 grn from max in nosler manual, I'm using win large rifle primers and want to try magnum primers. Should I start over or back off on powder being I'm so close to max. At this point no signs of pressure just thinking magnum primers could push it over the edge, what's your thoughts.
I would back off a grain and watch for pressure signs

Then you might have been able to find some, now maybe not so easily.
But to answer your q, back off a little on your charge and look for pressure.

I see Nosler shows 69gr IMR4350 as the most accurate of that powder with 210gr bullet. Not the fastest, but you might want to back down to that and start over.

I see Nosler shows 69gr IMR4350 as the most accurate of that powder with 210gr bullet. Not the fastest, but you might want to back down to that and start over.
I may just do that as I may be trying some different brass too, not sure

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.