SWFA bubble level install?

LanceS4803

Bought a SWFA bubble level, and am trying to get it installed. But, the bolts are on the underside of the level. I can get it on the tube, but when putting in to position, there is no access to the heads.
I can see no other way to get it on than to remove the scope, install and reinstall the scope.
Or, am I missing something? And, why not install the bolts from the top?

Attachments

• SWFA scope level.jpg
    SWFA scope level.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 54
I think I'd turn it over and put it on the left side of the tube, before the turrets. Then the screw heads will be on top.

Bought a SWFA bubble level, and am trying to get it installed. But, the bolts are on the underside of the level. I can get it on the tube, but when putting in to position, there is no access to the heads.
I can see no other way to get it on than to remove the scope, install and reinstall the scope.
Or, am I missing something? And, why not install the bolts from the top?
Try it!

I would install the level on the side of the scope closest to you so you can see the bubble. Also use a "L" shaped Torx/allen wrench so you can tighten the Torx/Allen screws.
Looks like you have it in front of your elevation & windage turrets.

Thanks all.

The frame of the level won't rotate around the tube as the pic rail and tube distance are too close together to install upside down..

The torx wrench would have to be about 0.25 on the short side of the "L" to fit.

I think I'll just remove the scope from the rings, level the bubble to the scope, and reinstall the scope. (The level frame blocks the view of turret markings when installed at the rear of turrets.) It will then be in the best spot.

Last edited:
Thanks all.

The frame of the level won't rotate around the tube as the pic rail and tube distance are too close together to install upside down..

The torx wrench would have to be about 0.25 on the short side of the "L" to fit.

I think I'll just remove the scope from the rings, level the bubble to the scope, and reinstall the scope. (The level frame blocks the view of turret markings when installed at the rear of turrets.) It will then be in the best spot.
Because of the design/bubble location, the screw must be set at the bottom.

ssoml_1.jpg

You might want to go with another type level. Here are two that we use and YES mount in front of the Turrets.
The Vortex is easy to access from the bottom with an "L" wrench, the other level has a hinge and screw from the top.

Attachments

• Scope Level mounted.jpg
    Scope Level mounted.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Scope Levels.jpg
    Scope Levels.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 39
Thanks everyone.
I have a Tikka that sits super low on the rail and plan on using the Vortex Lo Pro for that one.
Time to remove, reinstall and torque!!