Sweaty feet

I cannot get my feet to not sweat while hunting and it drives me insane especially in the cold. I run non insulated crispi boots. Ive tried liners with merino socks. Just merino socks. Tried wool sock, and still can't figure it out. Any tips?

I find my feet sweat if the boot has a membrane and is water proof. Water proof membranes never breathe as well as advertised. Ditch the membrane boots and have drier feet. Until you get your boots get wet from the outside that is…always trade offs…

Last edited:
I find my feet sweat if the boot has a membrane and is water proof. Water proof membranes never breathe as well as advertised. Ditch the membrane boots and have drier feet. Until you get your boots get wet from the outside that is…always trade offs…
I've found that over/wrong waterproofing can cause the membrane's breath ability to suffer as well something to be aware of when adding SnoSeal to your boots. I've moved to a Nubuck boot and only put spray on waterproofing.

I've definitely had the issue where my boots get wet from the inside. Good merino socks can help move some of that moisture but at some point it doesn't have anywhere to go. I don't have answers for you. If you're not expecting rain or snow a non-membrane boot might work just fine. Even if your expecting low moisture a good waterproofing in a boot like that would hold up a while. .