Swarovski vs kowa spotting scopes

kroppca

Looking at buying my first spotter, thinking about the kowa 880s or Swarovski ATS's, thinking the X's may be a big big for backpacking. What are your thoughts ??
Thanks

cant go wrong with the 65mm Swaro ATX.. or STX if you want swaro that version if you want you can switch out too bigger if needed
I like the ATX 65mm a lot but since I have switched too a lieca televid 85 APO .. the micro focus is unreal for dialing in mirage and fine tuning it out.. give them a look for sure.. in the spotter world buy the absolute best you can afford .. you'll be glad you did

I've owned the KOWA 774 and the STS 80HD. The 774 had slightly better glass IMO. But the I stayed with the STS because its durable coating on the armor and the glass. I also liked the streamline focus knob. The knobs that protrude for the KOWA with constantly out of focus from getting bumped in my pack. I can for certain say the kowa 88 line absolutely be better optically than the ATS 80. Kowa is awesome, I wouldn't hesitate to own either scope again, but I just lean towards durability for my uses.

They are all "heavy" for back packing. But I really like my 883 outside of the protective armor...but I just bought some sports tape that I will add to it.

I also have a 553, but do not have a ton of time behind it yet. My current plan is to run NL 12's and my 553 while backpacking.

They are all "heavy" for back packing. But I really like my 883 outside of the protective armor...but I just bought some sports tape that I will add to it.

I also have a 553, but do not have a ton of time behind it yet. My current plan is to run NL 12's and my 553 while backpacking.
I used my 553 this year while packing. Great little scope, don't even know you have it with.

I had a KOWA 884 that I packed for several years. Somebody decided they needed it more than I did when I accidentally forgot it in my pickup one night. So now I have the 99S. I had the SOC of my 884, but KOWA does not offer one for the 99S yet so I bought a couple rolls of camo vet tape and wrapped the scope and then ordered an Eberlestock Batwing case to carry it in. That was the only case I could find big enough to hold the scope. Using it in Montana this year was awesome. I really liked my 88 but the 99 is just that much better. I don't mind the extra weight because I want to see whats going on when I go to Montana for Mule Deer and then the rest of the time it is my Pickup scope for spotting elk during shed time and then during the summer when I am hiking because I don't have my rifle with me. I prefer the course and fine adjustment wheels when looking over really long ranges, you can dial the focus to get the clearest sight picture. Good luck in your research.