Swarovski Scopes?

Looking for experience comparing the Swarovski X5i 3.5-18x50 to the Swarovski Z8i 2.3-18x56. Primarily concerned about the durability of the turrets on the latter. Going on top of a McWhorter in 28 Nosler. Hoping to use the gun on a couple of backcountry/horseback hunts in the coming years. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have owned both. I much prefer the x5i because of the turrets. I cannot tell any difference in low light performance. Also the 64 levels of illumination is just too much. The illumination switches on the Z8i get turned on accidently a lot. I also like the 4wxi reticle in the X5i the best. In my opinion the illumination switch on the X5i is better for hunting. I owned X5i scopes first but when the Z8i came out it was advertised as having greater light transmission. I had the Z8i for 2 hunting seasons but never liked it as well as the x5i. I sold the Z8i and replaced it with an x5i and have been happy with my decision. Gary

X5i is in my opinion a much better scope than the Z8. I have 4 5-25's. I have one I'm getting ready to sell so I can try the 3-18. I sold all of my ATACR's and my S&B after using my first X5. If I had to do over, I'd get them all in non illuminated. I've never in all my years needed an illuminating reticle for hunting. It's just added weight. The glass is exceptionally good and the turrets a s design I feel are some of the best. You'll never regret that purchase.

Just please pronounce it correctly. Swar OFF Ski. I sat on a plane with a Swarovski crystal saleswoman. She kept correcting my bumpkin butt when I pronounced it like the fighter jet company. She was hot as all get out too.

I'm Interested the Z5 series but the 2.4-12x50 as it's light in its class and magnification range.
I did hear of a a couple of issues from Australians that were rectified under warranty.
I would hope if there are recorded faults that they would ensure they review and rectify it issues.
I do wonder if the lighter construction may affect the strength or reliability.
That said I'm not knocking Swarovski they are bright and clear quality scopes but would a comparative competitor scope at 4oz heavier be more robust.

Just please pronounce it correctly. Swar OFF Ski. I sat on a plane with a Swarovski crystal saleswoman. She kept correcting my bumpkin butt when I pronounced it like the fighter jet company. She was hot as all get out too.
Oh a hot saleswoman, go figure. I'm sure that was not the job criteria but coincidentally the hot one got the job. Sex sells, you noticed it might be subconscious but no coincidence.

The Austrian company Kahles is actually pronounced Car-Less.

Australian s tend to sound more like Carl's or Kails.

Some say they are German, another misnomer

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.