swarovski ats-65 vs ats-80

300RUM LNGRNGE

I have an odd situation that I am having trouble deciding and am in need of some information to help me make an educated decision.
Without being too long-winded....I decided on a Swarovski ats-65 hd spotting scope and ordered it. A 65mm is not what arrived at my doorstep. Instead I am looking at an ats-80 hd.
I ordered the 65 for several reasons, weight considerations , pack-ability, and cost.
So oddly enough I am looking at a 80mm for the same cost as a 65mm.
In reference to weight, approx 9 ounces more (5/8 of a pound) heavier
As far as size, 1 inch longer and approx. 5/8 inches difference in diameter.
I do not have a 65 mm to physically look at to see if the 80 is that much bigger, so I am trying to use my imagination.
In my hours of research ( which included the search feature of this site) I have come up with the following

80mm
advantages, low light visibility/clarity
disadvantages, cost, weight, size

65mm
advantages , disadvantages reverse

cost is no longer a factor, so we are down to weight, size and low light visibility. I hunt by putting on a lot of miles on foot, but also use the spotter for shooting target off a bench.
Is the low light factor worth carrying the extra 9 ounces?
Size is not nearly as important as I hunt with a pack every where I go.

Either will be a huge jump in advantages after having lugged around my 80mm leupold sequoia.

Any and all input ( that does not go off the reservation and recommend other brands and scopes ) will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'll throw in my .02. I would stick with the 80, especially for the price of a 65. If 9 oz. really makes a big difference, eat a little less and lose a pound. I'm not saying that in a critical sense, but I think most people make too big a deal over a little weight. I can guarantee I wouldn't notice a 9 oz. difference even if carrying it all day.

never looked through a 65hd but have to 80HD and its amazing! I would say just keep it. If it gets too much to carry, sell it and get an atx65 that breaks down.

Thanks to all for making good sense.
It gets easy to get caught up in all the little particulars and miniscule differences in hunting tools and then drive yourself crazy and miss the obvious.
I have decided , with much insistence from my wife, to keep it and that if later I decide to get the lighter 65mm, I will surely get my money's worth out of this one.
As far as the eyepiece is concerned, I got the 20-60x variable. I was told that the 25-50x was awesome, but that I would not notice $120 difference much since I was getting the 65mm objective.
Of course, now I have the 80mm............

Mine is the 80mm Zeiss. Much better than a 65 except its about as hand as a log of firewood on your shoulder. BIG honker....but the extra light than it lets in.....YES!!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.