Swapping Scopes..suggestions?

Look at the Vortex Viper PST gen 1 6-24x50 sense you sound happy with the gen2 other then wieght. The gen 1 is 23.4 Oz compared to 31.2 on the gen 2. And you can find them cheap enough you that you should be able to get a set of Talley light wieght rings and shed a few more oz.'s off.

Hello all,
I've been hunting for the past few years with a Christen Arms Mesa in 300WM. On top it's wearing a seekins precision 20 MOA base and matched seekins precision 30mm rings with built in recoil lugs. The optic is a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP EBRC-7 MOA.

After my elk hunt in CO, I realized I want to cut some weight off this rifle. I absolutely love the scope and magnification level. But realistically I don't need the tactical turrets and reticle travel I have right now to shoot to 1k yards+. Real world for me, I might shoot 500 yards on rare occasion at game. I'm honestly not sure what I should be looking at right now. I'm going to sell my current scope to fund the new scope. Keeping that in mind, here are a few things I appreciated about this scope that is like to keep:
-30mm tube
-Illuminated reticle
-50mm objective
-5-25 zoom is cool but I think to cut weight I'll need to go 4-16 range.

Should I be entertaining the Viper HST line of scopes? I've looked at plenty of scopes. Trying to budget within roughly what I'd sell this current scope for and have a little left over since I'm downgrading optics. Any comments/concerns/suggestions welcomed!
Since you already have a relationship with Vortex why not just move to the new Japanese built Razor LHT. The 15x model would save you 12 ounces and the 22x model would save you 9.4 ounces. That's up to 3/4 lb savings. You could drop to one of the new Leupold 30mm VX3is 4.5-14 and save around 1lb.

You may want to look at a zeiss conquest offering. Better glass than what you're using now. Plenty of adjustment for 500yds

You guys are killing me. OP says he wants to downgrade from a Vortex Viper PST and have a little money left over and the responses are Tangent Theta, March, and Leupold VX5-HD.

Let me downgrade my Honda Civic so I can buy that Ferrari lol.
How very very true!!!! Happens all the time here! It's clear for a change too here exactly what he's trying to accomplish.....nice to help rather than confuse! I'm not good in the light scope market so I offer no advice.

Thank you all for your suggestions! I will digest this and update when I pick one! Gotta get rid of this scope first!