Surgeon SA dbm problem

Plowboy85

Ok guys I have what seems to me to be an issue that I don't see working for me. I have a new Surgeon SA dbm that arrived today and I was toying with it before I sent everything off to GA Precision for my 7mm-08 build, I noticed that the release latch where it contacts the "lip" on the AI mag has a taper (tapers upward back to the safety/shroud area) it definitely seems like a machining not a defect. But what this does is allow me to pull the mag out of the dbm with a decent pull. When I pull on it the lip on the mag will contact the taper on the top of the release on the dbm and let me remove it without pressing the release button. Can someone tell if this seems normal for dbm, I could see it getting scraped on tree good and pulling out, this gun is being built as my go to gun for packing and deep hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_1013.jpg
    IMG_1013.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1014.jpg
    IMG_1014.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 54
Pictures are kind of hard for me to see but I haven't had any problems with my Surgeon DBM at 4 major competitions and 1300 rounds this year.

Geb

Pictures are kind of hard for me to see but I haven't had any problems with my Surgeon DBM at 4 major competitions and 1300 rounds this year.

Geb

Yeah sorry about that, it was difficult to try and show the angle. After speaking with surgeon the gentleman said there where a batch that went and with the releases incorrect so I reckon I'm on of the lucky ones lol...thank you again for your response

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.