Suppressor

I'm looking at buying my first suppressor to put on a howa mini 223. Wanting to keep it lighter weight and keep the length down. What do you guys recommend?
Been using a Elite Iron Delta Lite and have been extremely pleased with it. Have swapped in around on a 17 TAC, 204 and 223.

I'm looking at buying my first suppressor to put on a howa mini 223. Wanting to keep it lighter weight and keep the length down. What do you guys recommend?

Others have already made some good recommendations, but here are the questions I would ask before you go down this road:

- What other hosts do you expect to run the suppressor on? if you want it to do everything then get something in the 7" range that will be hearing safe on larger rounds but not too long/heavy for any smaller hosts (as others have said already, just buy a TBAC Ultra7 and be done with it)
- Are you open to buying additional cans in the future or do you want this to be a one and done? If yes go with a short (5") caliber specific can for this setup, 223/556 will be hearing safe out of any K sized can currently offered, then buy a bigger can for other hosts in the future
- Will this can ever be run on an AR? if so, skip Titanium and go with something with stainless or Inconel/Stellite baffles

It's your money, but I would strongly recommend that you avoid any of these "Modular" (ie. has baffles and sections that can be removed/shortened etc.). I shoot with a guy who runs a Griffin Optimus, he can never get consistent return to POI, it's loud, has really bad back pressure, and he spends all his time futzing with the different sections. Buy a second can or just be happy with one that's ok across multiple different hosts (ie. 7" 30cal can).

For what it's worth hear is what I own (and what I run each one on):

- Dead Air Sandman-K: 16" 556 Carbine full time, and occasionally 6.5 Creedmoor Bolt action when I want blast reduction but length/weight are primary concerns
- Dead Air Sandman-S with eBrake attachment: 6.5 Creedmoor bolt action full time when I dont care about length and want better sound/recoil reduction, 16" 308win AR10 (the K is WAYYYY too loud on this gun, non-starter)
- Thunder Beast Ultra 7 CB: 16" 6mm Creedmoor bolt action and 16" 6.5 Grendel AR (I shoot this gun like it was a bolt action, so not worried about abuse)

Last edited:
If length and weight are a consideration (the following in no specific order)
Q Trash Panda
Silencerco Omega 300 - direct thread or Q Plan B or Griffin Plan A
YHM Resonator or Turbo- Same as above
TBAC ultra series- 5 or 7- use CB not direct thread here.

hey guys, guys that know about suppressers, so I shoot a .204 would it make sense to buy the 30 cal Ultra 7 to use on the .204?. and which one is the absolute smallest as I have picked up rifles with suppressors and it changes the balance of the gun immensely with a suppressor. Opinions. please.

hey guys, guys that know about suppressers, so I shoot a .204 would it make sense to buy the 30 cal Ultra 7 to use on the .204?. and which one is the absolute smallest as I have picked up rifles with suppressors and it changes the balance of the gun immensely with a suppressor. Opinions. please.
What other rifles do you own/want to suppress? If you have a host that's bigger than .204 cal then I would suggest getting a 30cal can (or at least a 6.5mm). Otherwise look for a dedicated .223cal can.

As far as the question about the Ultra 7, that can weighs a little over 7oz, and in my experience it really doesnt impact the balance of the guns I have run it on like some of my heavier cans have (my Sandman S weighs close to 20oz with the eBrake attached, you notice that a lot lol).

If length and weight are a consideration (the following in no specific order)
Q Trash Panda
Silencerco Omega 300 - direct thread or Q Plan B or Griffin Plan A
YHM Resonator or Turbo- Same as above
TBAC ultra series- 5 or 7- use CB not direct thread here.
Or the half Nelson direct thread by Q

I love my trash panda, IMO they are the best and most innovative.

Yep, if you can find an ultra 7, you won't be disappointed. TBAC also has the Ultra 5, BUT IMO, the 7 is a good compromise between the 5 and the 9 ultra. You won't be able to fill the little extra weight on your gun, or at least I can't.

I see someone posted above the number of someone with 3 Ultra 7's available. Won't take long before those are gone. Like in about 3...……..2...……...1...…...

okay Tim, put you on the spot, I can understand the advantage of minimizing sound, whether calling, stalking, etc...…….how much do you feel it has upped your game on multiple kills....and tell us a few reactions in hunting scenarios from the coyotes on wound they do hear, please. you have a lot of experience with the coyotes/suppressors is why I ask.

Give going with a .30 can a lot of consideration, unless you don't mind buying an additional suppressor. A lot of my customers who originally thought they would be happy just suppressing that one gun, end up wanting all of their other guns threaded after starting to shoot suppressed. Lol.

Take a look at Energetic arms. Just got my Vox S and I love it. Makes for a great do all can. 6" long and 12oz with titanium area 419 hellfire adapter. It's made out of C300 alloy and full auto rated for anything 30cal or under. Don't have any others to compare to but it's very quiet on my 6.5 Grendel 16", 6mm Grendel 20", 264 MHC 21" and ridiculously quiet on my 10" 300 Blk with hand loaded subs. I put the same adapter on all of those guns to switch between them easily without tools. This suppressor will take any adapter with 1.375-24 threads currently on the market and comes with a titanium 5/8-24 direct thread adapter.

Recent Posts