22-250 suppressor DB?

ShootnMathews

Hey gang I was wondering if anyone here has tested the decibel output on their 22-250 with a suppressor. I've got an Omega 300 in jail and a couple of Form 1's filed that hopefully will come back any day. The omega probably won't go through until early 2024. But I'd like to know what kind of sound others are getting from their suppressors (purchased or home made) just because I'd like to have something to compare to as I'm building mine IF my form 1 goes through. No wait, WHEN it goes though. Stay positive. My plan is to use one of the form ones to build a dedicated suppressor to keep on my coyote rifle. It'll be 30 cal just incase I want to put it on something else down the road but it's going to live in my coyote rig for a while. So if you would kindly let me know what you're running if you have checked.

ONLY ASKING ABOUT 22-250

What barrel length
Suppressor length
Brand if purchased
Caliber of supressor
And the DB output

Btw you can get a ballpark reading by downloading free DB reader apps. I downloaded a free app and am hoping to get a reading in a few friends suppressors soon.

Pic is just because who doesn't like to see a pounded coyote.
IMG_5019.jpeg

I would still use hearing protection....will still be loud enough to cause damage.....all gun shots except sub-sonic will cause hearing damage.....
Yeah. I'm asking more to find a benchmark to compare to when I build my suppressor. Assuming I get approved. Which I will eventually I guess. Even if I have to submit it again.

I have shot other friends suppressors on my 22-250 before when I was suppressor shopping and the 8" or longer suppressors dampen it down to the point that I don't think it'd damage hearing. But I don't wear hearing protection while I'm hunting because I want to be able to hear a coyote coming in or hear the guy next to me and I don't just sit and burn 22-250 ammo at home. Deer hunting sure I'll wear protection sometimes depending on the rifle.

I don't have a decibel reading for you, but with my .30 cal Gunwerks 8ight (8" can), my 22" 22-250 AI is toned down quite a bit - but it's definitely not to the level of hearing safe.

Get yourself a pair of the orange wrap around ear plugs and wear them on your neck. I know animals can come in quickly at times, but if you're hunting at night with a thermal, they shouldn't notice the movement.

I've shot hundreds of suppressed rounds through a 22-250 but I don't have a DB meter. I have to wear earplugs with either my AAC300 or Varminter 4.0 Dakota Silencer cans. Both are 30 cal and 9". A mach 4 bullet makes noise no matter what. But at least the boom is gone.

Most people arent going to have a true dB for you because it takes specialized meters to test gun shots due to the "time" of the sound. A downloaded dB app on your phone isn't going to read the sound correctly either.
You can rent one online, but most people don't bother. --- your best best bet is to join a suppressor forum and start reading what others have done. Technically, it's a "one and done"deal--- you can't change designs once you've assembled it -- so do your homework ahead of time. I went with 60 deg baffles spaced further apart near muzzle and closer near end of supp--- you should base your blast chamber size off the largest cal/cartridge you'll shoot as that is where the most pressure will be. I double clipped my baffles too.

Atf doesn't like "store bought parts" anymore so watch your paper trail if your plan is to do that.

i have a 22-250AI that I shoot with an old school AAC 7.62 SDN-6 and it is comfortable to shoot with no hearing protection outdoors. I've never tried to measure dB mostly due to lack of interest but I've found those phone based dB meters to be wildly different between apps so I question their accuracy.