Supporting the QuickLoad + QuickDesign maker

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 46119

We/I get enough requests for QuickLoad models that I feel the need to comment about it.

QuickLoad and QuickDesign are very powerful tools for us shooting+hunting enthusiasts. It saves time, money and just flat lets us do things what in the old days were tedious or flat dangerous.

I understand that not everyone is a tech wizard. This burnt out, retired, old nerd (me) could be classed as a tech wizard. If y'all new and understood what I did in the computer world you may or may not agree. Stuff that now is easy but when I did it it was the first time. Yes, there are books about what I did. Not by me, I'm a do-er not a writer. Did any of you know what a "server farm" was in 1996 when I built my first one? Now it's child's play.

I am willing to work with anyone on a QL or QL model but I have a request.

Support the product please.

Mr. Broemel has put a great deal of work into these programs. He deserves compensation for his efforts. I know it's not the only way he makes his living but if we want improvements in these programs in the future we need to pitch in.

Buy it even if I do all the work. Maybe just send him some paypal thank you.

The output of Microsoft Word or Excel isn't copywrite protected and yet NECO who sell Quickload in the U.S. went around to forums saying the output of Quickload is copywrite protected.

This was a outright lie in a attempt to get more money for selling Quickload. This also turned off many shooters about buying Quickload.

The data you input into Quickload and its output belongs to the person doing the typing and is not copyrighted. What you can't do is copy the Quickload CD and sell it and that would be a copywrite violation.

On top of this you need a chronograph and your case capacity to tweak Quickload to get a close computer generated guesstimate from Quickload.

If I invite you to my house to watch TV I do not ask you to send money to Comcast cable to show appreciation for my over priced cable bill.

I have Quickload and in my opinion it is over priced and if I had to do it over again I would not have spent the money.

I've owned Quickload for a number of years and have upgraded several times. It is nothing more than another tool for my reloading. When you take the time to input the correct variables it can provide some really useful output information. Remember it is nothing more than tool to provide information to the space between your two ears.

The output of Microsoft Word or Excel isn't copywrite protected and yet NECO who sell Quickload in the U.S. went around to forums saying the output of Quickload is copywrite protected.

This was a outright lie in a attempt to get more money for selling Quickload. This also turned off many shooters about buying Quickload.

The data you input into Quickload and its output belongs to the person doing the typing and is not copyrighted. What you can't do is copy the Quickload CD and sell it and that would be a copywrite violation.

On top of this you need a chronograph and your case capacity to tweak Quickload to get a close computer generated guesstimate from Quickload.

If I invite you to my house to watch TV I do not ask you to send money to Comcast cable to show appreciation for my over priced cable bill.

I have Quickload and in my opinion it is over priced and if I had to do it over again I would not have spent the money.

Neconos is not the maker of QuickLoad, they are the US distributors. In my vast experience in the high tech world. Distributors will lie and lie and lie trying to get more money for something that all they do is put it in a box.

From my vast experience in the software world. You are f**king right. The output belongs to the user. Neconos does not own the rights to the output.

I'm very glad you paid for it. Get someone with knowledge to help you or make your models for you. You paid for the program, someone else can do the typing. It is a very high quality product for the price. I've been writing programs of various types for over 40 years. Even as a dot com burn out I still write something once in a while.

I've owned Quickload for a number of years and have upgraded several times. It is nothing more than another tool for my reloading. When you take the time to input the correct variables it can provide some really useful output information. Remember it is nothing more than tool to provide information to the space between your two ears.

Again, we need a like button. Like

I bought my original copy of quickload 8-26-09 ,and I've bought a few updates since . I do see the value of it . I like to check out what powders will give top velocities at good case fill percents . it answers all my what if questions . before I bought quickload I bought manuals that might not even have the info for the powder I was wanting to use . after using quickload for about eight years I can say I feel it's well worth the price .

I bought Quickload not knowing you need a chronograph and do other tweaking to get accurate pressure and velocity readings from Quickload.

And my point being it is impossible for any software program to give accurate data with all the firearms and components used in reloading.

Right now I typing on a computer with the Linux operating system and Quickload has not been on any of my computers in months.

What I want to get across is Quickload isn't a miracle software programe and you need a chronograph to adjust and tweak Quickload for every firearm. You also need to get the case capacity along with chronograph velocity to get accurate pressure and velocities data.

If you ever wondered why reloading manuals data varies the same applies to Quickload.

It does give very good information on powders to use and the percent of powder burned in a given length barrel. "BUT" in the end your target will tell you more than a computer program.

And every time I see someone asking for Quickload information without at least giving his case capacity I just shake my head. And knowing these people asking the question just do not know how Quickload works and the amount of tweaking that needs to be done to get accurate data.

What I want to get across is Quickload isn't a miracle software programe and you need a chronograph to adjust and tweak Quickload for every firearm. You also need to get the case capacity along with chronograph velocity to get accurate pressure and velocities data.

And every time I see someone asking for Quickload information without at least giving his case capacity I just shake my head. And knowing these people asking the question just do not know how Quickload works and the amount of tweaking that needs to be done to get accurate data.

+1000!!!!!!!!!

THIS is why I just keep scrolling when I see QL requests. Too many people seem to think that QL is this magic program that allows you to skip steps and abandon careful load development. These are the same folks who pop up asking everyone else for their pet loads.

QL is a powerful tool, when used properly. I LOVE QL!!! But, it has limitations. Even at its best, it is still just a model that MUST be validated with real world results. So many people seem to believe it is this program that spits out load data that can be used in the same way as a published Reloading Manual. Published data has been TESTED. With QL data, YOU have to do the testing.

I don't mind using QL in collaboration when I am working with someone who I know is competent. In general though, my feelings about QL mirror my feelings about reloading manuals and the need for careful load development: BUY YOUR OWN BOOKS AND DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK! I am happy to compare notes with someone doing the work, or to assist in choosing a good place to start.

If you don't have a chronograph, ability to measure case capacity, ability to measure where your bullet contacts the lands......

What the heck are you doing reloading. Warn me if I'm next to you at the range so I can run away very very fast.

We REAL data driven reloaders know that all tools even in print reloading manuals are just guides. Not perfect ever. QuickLoad is not perfect ever. Well I did have one xx-Nosler model where QuickLoad was never more than 5fps off what the Magnetospeed said and never 500psi off what PressureTrace II said. Nahh must be the Magnetospeed and PressureTrace II that are crap as well as QuickLoad.

or maybe just for the sake of being argumentative, @bigedp51 and @benchracer are just being argumentative. They point out that with any software, garbage in gets garbage out and that they fed their QuickLoad garbage.

QuickLoad and QuickDesign are the work of one man who is a shooting enthusiast in Germany. I would like to thank @bigedp51 and @benchracer for supporting the programmer, Hartmut Broemel.

Hartmut put a lot of work into QuickLoad and QuickDesign and I know from vast software experience, Hartmut is not making much. Neconos probably makes more on each copy than Hartmut.

I have programs out there that I don't get a cent on.

I've used QL for many years. It is a useful tool but to get the most out of it you do need to collect some data, especially velocity data. And you need the case capacity of your brass fired in your chamber. And if you are following Chris Long's Optimum Barrel Timing theory you also need to know the speed of sound in your rifle barrel so you can identify the nodes (or put another way - barrel timing) where your rifle has the best chance of being accurate. The last one is a bit tricky as the speed of sound in your rifle barrel depends on the kind of steel it is made of - be that 4140 chrome moly or 416 stainless or something else. If you do take it to the max, QL can do some pretty amazing things but I suspect many if not most reloaders would find it a bit too much.

As to the main point Jeff made, I agree. Over the years, I've purchased 2 copies of QL and several updates and hope that Heir Broemel has been financially rewarded for a very useful program. I certainly would not have the understanding of reloading that I enjoy today without it.

If you don't have a chronograph, ability to measure case capacity, ability to measure where your bullet contacts the lands......

What the heck are you doing reloading. Warn me if I'm next to you at the range so I can run away very very fast.

We REAL data driven reloaders know that all tools even in print reloading manuals are just guides. Not perfect ever. QuickLoad is not perfect ever. Well I did have one xx-Nosler model where QuickLoad was never more than 5fps off what the Magnetospeed said and never 500psi off what PressureTrace II said. Nahh must be the Magnetospeed and PressureTrace II that are crap as well as QuickLoad.

or maybe just for the sake of being argumentative, @bigedp51 and @benchracer are just being argumentative. They point out that with any software, garbage in gets garbage out and that they fed their QuickLoad garbage.

So why didn't you ask the OP in the Quickload request to post his case capacity instead of posting bad information with the incorrect velocity and chamber pressures.

The problem with the Internet is we have too many midgets sitting at their computers pretending to be giants.

I admit I know little about it - do you get it as a CD and then download it? If you upgrade to a newer version, do you have to spend another 150 or is their an upgrade patch for cheaper? At times I've wanted it, but found it hard to justify the price when I use basically no wildcats.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.