Superformance Temp Sensitivity

Absolutely, it seems to to shoot well and isnt a super popular powder making it more available than others. Everything in my 300 wsm is way faster than the book numbers and produces pretty decent groups. Tested 178 w/ 66 - 68.5gr. Best load was 68 gr @ 3111 fps average.
Scratching my head here, maybe my Tikka needs more rounds down the tube to gain some fps, 68.1gr under a 180 Speer BTSP leaves the barrel at 2925 fps. Would certainly like to gain another 100 fps.

It was definitely with superformance. I got nothing short of awesome velocity and good accuracy with it in my wsm. Tried it in a few other calibers and got mixed results, but the 300 sure likes it

It was definitely with superformance. I got nothing short of awesome velocity and good accuracy with it in my wsm. Tried it in a few other calibers and got mixed results, but the 300 sure likes it
Although I haven't gone higher yet, I'm thinking that the 68gr area is the low node as a half grain lower was within 4 fps, and the two shots were a quarter inch apart at 100m. The other bullet I'm going to try Superformance with is the 172gr Impact.

I had a great day at the range with Superformance out of my 6.5 CM. I got .2" group with 130 grain Berger OTM 2828 FPS and .3" group 140 grain Sierra Tipped Game King 2901 FPS. Both loads had SDs around 9-10 and ES under 20. This is a hunting rifle.

Temps today were 85 degrees. With 2828 fps out of 130 Berger OTM and 2901 out of 140 grain Sierra tipped Game King with Superformance, how much velocity loss can I expect this November and December in Tennessee 25-50 degrees hunting temperatures?
Lower velocity with a lighter Bullet is unusual

Last edited: