Super sniper vs. Nikon monarch

ddubas

16X super sniper vs. 5.5-16 Nikon monarch……
I have looked thru the monarch but how does the super sniper compare on clarity? Everything I have read the super sniper sounds very rugged and can hold up on anything. If I could buy the two at the same price, which would be the better buy. The monarch at least gives me the availability for variable power. The super sniper probability has more internal adjustment. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

I have two SS scopes a 10 and a 16. Both do the job for which they were purchased.

My opinion is that if they were both the same price, both had the mil-dot ret and the Nikon had the ret in the first focal plane I'd buy the Nikon. If the Nikon doesn't have the Mil Dot reticle then its apples and oranges thing.

Never seen an SS. I am very pleased with my Monarchs. I too like mil dots. I however, don't like them in the first focal plane. I like them in the second focal plane where Nikon puts them. I use 'em for mainly for windage holds. I don't use them on the power they were designed to operate on. I don't want to do multiples of 3.6 in my head. I figure out where they equal 3" and 2" and use 'em there.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.