SUPER HOGS MAY INVADE THE US FROM CANADA

They are in the news again. I guess Canadian hog farmers were encouraged to cross breed them with European boars, and when the market collapsed, these crossbreed were left to roam wild and multiply, now invating northern US states

Just so you know the landowner/farmer has the right to protect their crops and livestock here in Canada so they are probably the best wildlife expert to consult for the real information.

Possibly to the lack of hunters and a place to hunt. Just my guess
During the WW2 in our hunting area the government contracted Sawyers to supply the war effort with timber. All these lumber camps had pigs free roaming within a fenced area in the forest usually several square miles. As usual the fence was not 100% effective. For whatever reason about a decade after the lumber camps disappeared so did the wild pigs. We have not seen any in at least 50 years and the deer population has never changed(except when mother nature throws them a harsh winter).

Well, these days, a poodle says its a clydesdale, you have to call it a clydesdale. But the fact remains, its neither bacon, not ham, it is cured smoked Pork Loin. 🤣
It's delicious 🤣

This reminds me of the simpsons episode from back when that show was funny and Lisa wanted the whole family to try a vegetarian lifestyle.

Homer screams in dismay "you mean we wouldn't eat bacon?"

No

"Ham?"

No

"pork chops?"

Dad, those all come from THE SAME ANIMAL!!!!

And he looks at her like she's nuts and starts laughing "oh good one Lisa, hahaha yeah right, a wonderful, maaaaagical animal…."

So lower MI now has wolves cause "nobody" thought they can swim or even walk across ice. Hu huh. They knew darn well they can and will spread to lower. The elk herd will become their buffet. Mountain lions were rejected, now there is a DNR webpage, wolverines not here either, wrong again. Bears are not in south especially near Indiana, wrong again. What are these biologist drinking or smoking? Animals go where they darn well please, they are not behind high fence nor are they in a fish bowl. Speaking of fish bowl, we have known for 20+ years we need to shut down the Chicago River to prevent migration of darn near everything into Lake Michigan great lakes eco system. We expect electrical current to work as deterrent unless or until it doesn't. Seriously, biologist smoke or drink a kool aid that is unique to them. It removes "common sense". You want to see wolf management? Have them turn up in Lansing, Traverse City, Grand Rapids, Novi, or even better Ann Arbor.
And yet we can't get any hogs to stick around except The ones in lansing.
I wish we had them for some more things to hunt in the off season. Can't hunt wolves or anything else so might as well.

Our pigs are only a real threat if they're wearing hockey skates 🤣

Y'all know how seriously we Canucks take hockey, beer, and bacon-the pigs are not in favour of this last one-everything else is a joke🤣

What's that other thing you guys like, where one guy slides a torque converter across the ice and the other guy sweeps a path, so the converter doesn't get dirty?

Last edited:
You know it has to be true, they wouldn't publish crap unless it was, right 😁
I mean journalists don't lie 😂

What, compared to hunters and fishermen?

They will have to swim the St. Lawrence River to get here! 😂

Not a problem. Hogs are excellent swimmers and the chilled water isn't too much for deer to cross, then it won't be too much for hogs. Here are some hogs swimming just a few miles from where I live. They are cross one of the inlet channels of a local lake.