Suggestions on new optics

matt_3479

Okay. So i have a 300. wsm that holds better then moa out to 300 yards so far with the cheapest factory ammo and would like a scope that will allow me to hunt and target shoot out too longer ranges. I want to be able to shoot out too 600 yards easier with constant results instead of guessing where to aim. I would like to dial. I have a 243. win with a vortex viper and i dial out to 600 and works great but i want a little bit better scope then the standard viper.

This gun is chambered in a 300 wsm and will be used on Moose, elk, caribou, whitetail, mule and bear from ranges of 50yards (closest yet) all the way out to 700 yards was my furthest shot opportunity but i would like to keep it at 600 yards for now. I would like to dial. I want a power range that would help the long shots but be good close and so far i think i have settle on a 4-16 range. 50 mm objective lens would be nice. Id like to stick under 1000 dollars

i have had people suggest the leupold with CDS, zeiss with RZ800 reticle, night force, and then stick with the vortex viper pst ffp. the nightforce is a little too much for me. What do you suggest? Is the Viper pst any good for the price range. I know its no nightforce but i dont need no nightforce.

Is the FFP worth it?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.