Optics suggestions

NuttyLemur

I have 2 rifles i need scopes for:

The first is the custom job i have in the shop (6.5x284 norma, stiller tac300 action, abs barrel, lonewolf stock)- intended use is sheep, but i will likely use it anytime i get the chance deer, coyote, paper circles at long distances... etc.

i am leaning toward a fixed power scope, but the only limitation i have is i dont want to spend over 1000ish i may go as high as 1200-1500 if the scope is that great, but i am open to any opinions or suggestions. light weight is key here.

the second rifle is a savage 10 ml 2, (its a muzzle loader for those that dont know) its use will be on deer to extend my season a little. i have no ideas on a scope, so i am wide open to any crazy ideas.

So maybe a leupold 4.5-14x50 with a CDS?

or a Zeiss conquest?

any help would be appreciated, this is my first custom rifle. i have spent nearly 4000 on it, i am stuck in iraq and i want to talk about guns and hunting...

anybody..

hello...

ok then i will move to new forum or something :(

I've been kicking around a new scope for my sheep gun. I'm kind of leaning toward the NF NSX 2.5-10 x 32. I've shot a few of their scopes in the past and the optics are top notch! It's going to go over $1,000. More in the $1,100-$1,200 range. If you get a chance give it a look. You'll not be disappointed in what you see.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.