Storing your dies

ohiohunter

I'd imagine most of us do not chance our die settings once we are happy, but where do you put them after they are set and they don't fit in their boxes?

Yeah, the "Die Box Engineer" at Redding should be fired immediately for incompetence.

Foster makes a die box you can order through Midway that is large enough to fit your micro adjusting dies. There like 6 or 7 bucks.

Yeah, the "Die Box Engineer" at Redding should be fired immediately for incompetence.

Foster makes a die box you can order through Midway that is large enough to fit your micro adjusting dies. There like 6 or 7 bucks.

Exactly. I can deal w/ the micro adjust issue but when I set my collars in the box the placement of the holder is too low. A 1/4" would have made a world of difference.

My dies are on a shelf sized for box behind bench ones that dont fit box I just drilled for die to stick out small bit from box as they are stack one above another

I have many Redding boxes that all had to be modified in order to put the micro adjustment die back into the box. I carefully cut/grind out the top of the box so that the micro-adjustment knob can extend beyond the box. It actually works pretty good.

Redding should mold the boxes with a knock out plug that could easily be removed. I sent Redding a picture of my modified boxes and a suggestion regarding a knock out plug in their new boxes. They took my suggestion under advisement. :rolleyes:

Redding dies are good, their boxes suck big time. I use RCBS boxes myself.

Now, if you get Whidden die sets, the boxes load lengthwise so no issues at all.

Only one thing worse than a Redding die box and that is LEE lock rings. I use Lee pistol dies and I immediately toss their lock rings and put on Hornady cross locks.

Only one thing worse than a Redding die box and that is LEE lock rings. I use Lee pistol dies and I immediately toss their lock rings and put on Hornady cross locks.

I buy the forster lock rings by the dozen. Of course I have a co-ax press and they fit better than any other.

I use the lee universal decapper. Have several. threw away those lock rings first thing and replaced them with the forster.

too bad these guys won't make one big enough for the micro dies.
this is a good start though.

Multiple Die Set Storage Box by MTM

I use MTM Ammo Wallets when I go on hunts. Real convenient and fit in your pocket. No loose rounds jingling in your pockets.... Don't run a gob of neck tension so I want my pills to stay put and the wallet does that.

At least the 'O' ring in a Lee nut is useable for something.... What, I don't know yet, but I save them for a whatfor...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.