Stocky’s vg2

VG2 on my 264 is great.. Wouldn't think twice about buying another.
264.jpg

Last edited:
Just got this savage bedded yesterday in my new vg2, action fit well but tang fit is not great and factory bottom metal was a great fit around it but the depth was off. I bedded the bottom metal to make it fit better on Monday and started on action on Tuesday. There is a scope mounted so picture of tang isn't great but should be able to see the fit, I thought about fixing that as well with some epoxy but with a pre finished stock like this I think it would have looked worse. Overall I am happy with my purchase, $550 for a carbon stock that weighs 1 lb 11 oz that's hard to beat. It's possible I may have to make a kydex cheek riser, not sure till I shoot it this weekend but it's possible. But I did find kydex to match the viper urban cammo.

Attachments

• IMG_2721.jpeg
    IMG_2721.jpeg
    465.6 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_2723.jpeg
    IMG_2723.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 118
I have 2 of them. One rem 700 short action and the other a vanguard long action. I bought blems and painted the camo myself. Are they AG or Manners or Mesa (I have those also), probably not quite. I like the weight and feel, and for the price they are hard to beat. As for the vanguard, it's the best option I have found.
Same. Howa/Vanguard long action has so few good options that this is THE answer more or less.
And for the $$$ they are a rather good option.

But will it have UM or Stocky's pricing?
According to the podcast by the guys behind it the price will be no more than $599. Tkka first then Rem 700 shortly after. A couple threads on Rokslide and a hunt2shoot podcast describing what is going on.

Have one on a tikka t3x. Love it. There's going to be an even better version through Unknown Munitions by way of Stockys, so I'd wait if I were you until it's released.
I'm about to buy the vg2 but after seeing your comment I think I will wait do you have any idea of when it's planned to be released?

According to the podcast by the guys behind it the price will be no more than $599. Tkka first then Rem 700 shortly after. A couple threads on Rokslide and a hunt2shoot podcast describing what is going on.
Can you share some links to the talk on rockslide about the coming stock thanks