Stocks for Kelbly Atlas LA

Wow! That sucks. I've had a problem with packages that have to be signed for also. It can be a pain.
Thanks for the update, I've got the same action and was planning on using a McMillan Hunters Edge but think I might try the Mesa out.

Wow! That sucks. I've had a problem with packages that have to be signed for also. It can be a pain.
Thanks for the update, I've got the same action and was planning on using a McMillan Hunters Edge but think I might try the Mesa out.
The McMillan in the Hunter's Edge is lighter, but the Mesa seemed like a nicer/sturdier stock. I'd have to get a heavier magnum fill for the Edge before I can make a blanket statement that Mesa is better, but the pillars they put in that McMillan are more like the ones you'd find in an older plastic-stocked Savage Model 12 FV., and they terminate slightly below flush. I'd call them inserts, but not pillars. Mesa's pillar material and installation were textbook. The Mesa is still lightweight - I'd say easily sub-30 ounces as they advertise.

I've had 2 Mesa's and a AG…great stocks and as you mentioned a little thick in the grip area but very manageable.

XLR nailed the differences right off the bat…I will add the loading/ejection port is likely just a little bit wider and there may be some material that needs removed in the corner of the port.

All of those differences are very easy to overcome and many guys can mill those out for you and then cover the stuff on the edge of the stock with black and it would look good.

With that said…the Mesa's are cheaper than a McMillan. I think the McMillan is a better stock. The AG stocks feel thin in the butt stock sides to me…where the McMillan has a better fill material. The AG/Mesa fore-end do seem stiffer and that is likely due to the metal in them. My observations but if you like the Mesa/AG, that wouldn't keep me from buying one. I've never seen either one broken ;)