Stockade stocks ??

chain

I have a Stockade "Mule Deer" on my 300 win. I love it. Kevin can do whatever you want with a stock. I ordered mine with a 15" LOP and had some mercury added into it. It carries and rides bags well. I set the rifle up to shoot prone most of the time without a break, I can shoot all day without any recoil issues ( Kevin installed a Limbsaver Pad) but it also shoulders well if I need to shoot offhand. I will buy another for my '06 if Santa doesn't come thru for me.

Iowaboy

I've got an Elk Tracker on my 7mm and seems like a great stock so far. Just bought a Coyote Tracker for my 223 so I will have twins! Well at least they should feel the same.

geargrinder

I've got the Pdog/tactical. It's simply awesome. Every bit as good as an HS, but cheaper. I got mine as the money-saver and finished it myself.

Jayhawk

geargrinder, did you use the filler kit along with the stock and how hard was it to finish?

mopar440

i just got parrie dog money saver money saver very happy with it will buy more in the future have not finished yet i just got mine al to gether i zero it last week end it wont take much to finish just a little bedding around the recoil lug very little filler will be needed mine is std 1in recoil pad on stevens 7 mag it has aluim pillers remmend metal trigger guard for solid mount if you are considering a stock i would diffenetly go for it prices are alot more budgut frendly put the money save in to other things like a tac bolt handle i have stockades and put the lift kit in why i was their happy with that to they great stuff as far as i know

geargrinder

geargrinder, did you use the filler kit along with the stock and how hard was it to finish?
Nope, I just bought a little kit of Bondo from Walmat. My barrel channel had a little wobble on the edge, so I put some bondo in there to straighten it. Took me two hours tops.

For paint, I used Plastikote Stone fleck and a satin poly over that.

Jayhawk

Do you get a good cheak weld with that stock? If a guy puts a 56mm Nightforce on there, do you think the adjustable cheek peice would be the way to go?

mopar440

yeah i wish i had but i didnt have the money at the time or know how it would fell but ill be putting a cheek piece on it before i finish it

squirrelduster

Here is my stockade with the adjustable cheek piece.
The scope is a NF 8-32x56.
This is an awesome set up. 7WSM with a Benchmark barrel and a real tack driver. It doesn't take much effort to shoot 1/2" groups at 200 yards.
The stock was really easy to finish. I used the icing stuff that Kevin recommends and only spent a couple hours on it. The paint is Rustoleum multicolor textured paint rattle can. The brown paint on the cheek piece is not textured.
It started off life as a Savage model 16 and now shoots almost as good as my custom Remington 700 6mmbr.
I'm not really happy with the muzzle brake but it does reduce the recoil quite a bit. I was hoping to be able see impacts at long range but I can't.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce