stock

dueyp59

Hi All
does anyone know of a maker for a composit stock for a 6.5X55 sdweish mauser. Also does any one make a detacable mag. conversion for the 6.5X55 swedish mauser? I love the way the gun shoots but hate the weight of the full size wooden stock and would like to be able to just switch mags. instead of having to load from the top. the gun has had several mods./upgrades but I dont want to cut down and reshap the wooden stock since all the serel numbers match on the gun.
Thanks

Hi All
does anyone know of a maker for a composit stock for a 6.5X55 sdweish mauser. Also does any one make a detacable mag. conversion for the 6.5X55 swedish mauser? I love the way the gun shoots but hate the weight of the full size wooden stock and would like to be able to just switch mags. instead of having to load from the top. the gun has had several mods./upgrades but I dont want to cut down and reshap the wooden stock since all the serel numbers match on the gun.
Thanks
Boyd's makes a great composite at a fair price. I bought one for my Remington 300 Win Mag. Great craftsmanship.

If your Mauser has had any mods at all, matching serial numbers mean little. Matching numbers would only have relevance to 'in original , as issued condition'. I did not know Boyds made composite stocks, just walnut or laminates. These are production made, not much "craftsmanship" to them. They have an oversized inlet, need to be glassed for proper bedding fit. Bell & Carlson might make a synthetic.

Last edited: