Stock recommendation

6x47lapua

I am building a new long range hunting rifle and am looking for a stock. I want laminated or walnut in a fairly classic style but with slightly wider forend for more stability. Barrel will be 28 inches long and around .800 muzzle. Any ideas? Pics would be awesome too. Thanks

6, send Boyd's an e-mail or better yet call them, they make nice looking laminate stocks at a very reasonable price.

I am building a new long range hunting rifle and am looking for a stock. I want laminated or walnut in a fairly classic style but with slightly wider forend for more stability. Barrel will be 28 inches long and around .800 muzzle. Any ideas? Pics would be awesome too. Thanks

If you are comfortable finishing it yourself Richards Microfit Gunstocks has a vast selection of styles for any action I've ever had. Stocks come VERY rough, will possibly need some inletting and most certainly a LOT of sanding. They are available in a large choice of laminates as well as a variety of hardwoods up to exhibition grade. Richards Microfit Gunstocks

I have also bought many stocks from Boyds. With a good bedding job they are nearly plug and play depending on your action of choice. Boyds Gunstocks - Custom Gunstocks | Custom Hardwood Gunstocks

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.