Stock info and suggestions

LWTpractical

Looking into a new carbon stock to lighten rifle.
Rifle setup
Rem 700 la. 7 practical
Sporter barrel, smr brake
Bdl

Looking at :

Ag privateer- slick? How's the grip
Mesa altitude- grip thickness? (Small hands)
Mcmillan game hunter
Greyboe trekker-
Manners eh5

Experiences, what handle recoil best ergonomics

Thanks for any info

I own a Mesa Precision and several Mcmillians, for me it really is a toss up which one I like better. I do think that the Mesa may handle recoil a little better but comparing a .264 win mag throwing 140 gr vs a 300 Norma Improved with 215's is kind of apples to oranges. What weight are you shooting for on your build?

Perhaps the wait time might influence your decision. Last McMillan was seven months out. Can't speak for the other choices.

I am a Manners convert as well. I have had some older McMillans, a Stocky's CF, and a Proof Research lightweight mountain hunter. For a traditional stock the Proof is hard to beat, but I run an EH1 and am going to probably get another. Unless you are dead set on the EH5 thumb hole, look at the EH1 as it will be more available from resellers like Altus. Red Hawk rifles has McMillan Game hunters in stock so that wait can be avoided as well.

I am a Manners convert as well. I have had some older McMillans, a Stocky's CF, and a Proof Research lightweight mountain hunter. For a traditional stock the Proof is hard to beat, but I run an EH1 and am going to probably get another. Unless you are dead set on the EH5 thumb hole, look at the EH1 as it will be more available from resellers like Altus. Red Hawk rifles has McMillan Game hunters in stock so that wait can be avoided as well.
You need too take a hard look at AG composites there great too deal with and have a really quality product and a lot of choices turn around from order 4 too 6 weeks they are making stocks for several lnamed brand rifle makers Weatherby And Springfield among others out of all my custom rifles the only stock I haven't bedded has been there Alpine Hunter it shoots so good haven't seen the need also they are Veteran owned

You need too take a hard look at AG composites there great too deal with and have a really quality product and a lot of choices turn around from order 4 too 6 weeks they are making stocks for several lnamed brand rifle makers Weatherby And Springfield among others out of all my custom rifles the only stock I haven't bedded has been there Alpine Hunter it shoots so good haven't seen the need also they are Veteran owned

I have looked at their stuff and was considering one. What sets Manners apart for me is the mini chassis, for a few extra ounces I feel like it adds a lot of convenience without having to bed or worry about bottom metals.

I have looked at their stuff and was considering one. What sets Manners apart for me is the mini chassis, for a few extra ounces I feel like it adds a lot of convenience without having to bed or worry about bottom metals.
I have 3 Mini Chassis's and one bedded rifle with Badger bottom metal. One of the chassis's is skim bedded. The mini chassis is def. nice.

Just for reference I had the bottom metal cut for Hawkins fit perfect then changed too Curtis Customs still Perfect no unsitely gaps and not too shallow or deep they are precise

I am a Manners guy too.
4 @ EH1
1 @ EH1A
1 @ EH2
4 @ PRS2 (plus one on order)
1 @ LRH

1 McMillan Adj Game Scout
I have shot tons of McMillan stocks. And a few AG Composites. All nice, you can't really go wrong with any of the top stock makers.