stock choice question

harleybug

I really like the looks of the greybull precision stock but cant really find much info on it. Can anyone that owns the stock tell me how they like it. I cant make up my mind. I do like the manners elite hunter stocks but they are pricy. Any recomendations or suggestions would be apreciated.

I don't own one, but I have reviewed them. Some complain that the vertical grip portion of the stock is too large and doesn't allow the shooter, especially those with smaller hands. to get hold. IMO, that's an advantage because I teach shooters not to grip the stock but to place the thumb of the trigger hand along side the stock and pull back lightly on the grip.
IMO, for the price, they're a bargain.

Thank u for the advice i really like the features of the stock but i havnt seen one in person.

I handled one a couple months ago. I happen to like the grip. Pretty good stock. Kind of a hybrid tactical/hunting type stock. I would shoot one if didn't already install a adjustable cheek piece in my Sendero stock.

They are a decent stock-good value. Not sure but I think they are made by Bell and Carlson. If you get one check and make sure the front swivel stud is centered properly in the stock. I think Helen Keller installs the swivel studs for B&C.

I guess the best way I can explain it, if you haven't had the chance to put your hands on it, is a tactical comb on the back end, with a nice vertical "tactical" style grip. Then on the fore-end of the stock, it is much thinner, more like your average "hunting" style stalk. For instance, my Sendero, and some of the other long range stocks in general, have a pretty wide fore-end for the bipod to sit on. The Greybull is pretty narrow. The guy I was shooting with didn't have a bipod on his so I don't know how the fit is there.

On a side note, I believe there was a split at Greybull Precision and now I think one of them has a company called "Wyoming Arms." I heard something about there was a no compete clause on the split for "bolt" guns, so Wyoming Arms is all AR-15 type stuff. Therefore, I have no idea what the quality is like at Greybull Precision anymore. They did have a good reputation.

And yes, they are made by Bell and Carlson as far as I last knew.

I want a tactical hunting stock and for the price this seems hard to beat. I would love to get a mcmillan but they are a little out of my budget. I wish that there was a little more info on them but i do like the looks just wish i could handle one.

I have both the Manners mcs eh1 and a greybull they both have the same palm swell but forend is narrower on the Manners. They are both very nice stocks the Manners is on a m70 300 win mag and the Greybull is on a Remington 338 lapua. I shoot without gripping so the swell does not bother me. I also have a BC m40 stock on a 300 rum it has no palm swell and a vertical grip very nice for around 300 bucks. Good luck on your choice.

Shoot straight my friends gun)

Don

I am running two of them now, bought one liked it so much I swapped out my MCM gamescout for another. I give 2 ***** about name brands can run whatever I want I really like the Greybull!
IMO for a longrange hunting stock they are hard to beat.

Thats what i was hoping to here i was going back and forth on the bc m40 and the greybull. Thank u very much for the info.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.