Steiner vs Vortex

matt_3479

my new rifle should be done soon and have to option between two scopes at smoking prices. The new vortex razor Hd gen II or the older Steiner military or the newer t5xi. I have played with the razor gen II beside the older Steiner military but not the new t5xi. What's your opinion?

The new Steiner reticle is awesome but I'd stick with Vortex based solely on CS reviews. The Vortex Gen2 HD is one wicked scope.

The lifetime VIP warranty should carry some weight in your decision. Also, read up on folks that have used the warranty......All positive experiences from what I've been able to find.

Plus the Gen II sounds like it can hang with the best in its class.

Wayne

I went with a Steiner Xtreme with the S1 reticle becasue the LGS doesn't stock Vortex with a similar reticle and I wasn't about to order one w/o seeing one first. Yes, I am old school when it comes to buying stuff. On the ones in stock, the glass was so similar I couldn't see the difference.

Steiner now has a lifetime warranty, having forgone the 30yr and they grandfathered earlier scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.