Steady shooting chair

jimisbell

I have a tripod table that is more than satisfactory. I made it from a heavy duty surveyors tripod and an 18" x 36" piece of 3/4" Plywood.
But I need an (adjustable?) chair that is sturdy and preferably foldable.
Any suggestions on store bought OR Home made would be appreciated.

Look at blind chairs. I have a couple I use for long range whistle pig (a tiny squirrel) hunting and have my rifle mounted on a tripod.

Last edited:
Look at blind chairs. I have a couple I use for long range whistle pig (a tiny squirrel) hunting and have my rifle mounted on a tripod.

Out here (Ohio) a whistle pig is a groundhog. I Googled and some very expensive rye whisky came up, I presume you wouldn't be shooting at that!

I refined the search and found the ground squirrels that are called whistle pigs out west.

I use this one for chuck & coyote hunting easy to carry and very stable. I also use the RCBS "RASS System" with a spotting scope attachment, tray and sunshade umbrella for P dogs.

Attachments

• IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    256.4 KB · Views: 76
I have a tripod table that is more than satisfactory. I made it from a heavy duty surveyors tripod and an 18" x 36" piece of 3/4" Plywood.
But I need an (adjustable?) chair that is sturdy and preferably foldable.
Any suggestions on store bought OR Home made would be appreciated.
Can you post photos of your setup? I'm always interested in portable shooting setups.

That is very interesting. I've never seen this setup before. Thanks for posting it.
Light, portable, steady, comfortable, low to the ground, real easy to spot/glass off of. A person in PA made these years ago for chuck hunters. I just made some modifications and painted it. This one is at least 35+ years old.
Now the RASS system is much better especially with the 6' sunshade, but it is heavy. It can be carried but I always try to set it up in the middle of an area so I get 360 shooting and don't have to move much.