Starting load 338LM 225 Barnes TTSX?

338 dude

Well I ran across these bullets in my local drug store believe it or not they have a decent supply of reloading materials, so thought I would try to get on the Copper bandwagon give me an idea on where to start will be using reloader 33 or Retumbo

Your starting load may be guesstimated from your previous loadings for that rifle.
What kind of muzzle energy have your previous loadings been producing? 4400ft-lb, 4600ft-lb, 4800ft-lb?

Aim at something a little below. Check out manuals and data like Hodgdon.com and Barnesbullets.com.
Clean your barrel well (sometimes copper-bullets are less-forgiving to barrel fluctuations),
and start working up,
looking for an accuracy node in the 3000-3100fps range.
(e.g., a 225gnTTSX at 3000fps produces approximately 4500ft-lb.)

For example, if I guesstimated that 99gn-102gn Retumbo or RL33 would land "in the zone", then I would start with a single 97gn and 98gn to be used as foulers and chrono-ed to make sure there are no wildly excessive velocities. From there it is just careful loading, careful shooting, and interpreting results.

(Disclaimer: I have used the 225gn TTSX in several 338WMs. It is a good bullet and pretty easy to work up loads with. Use a chronograph.)

if I were doing this in my Lapua ;

with RL33 , I'd start at 101 grain , and work towards 107 grains 114% case fill at max
with Retumbo I'd start at 95 grains , and work towards 101 grains 115% case fill at max

both powders will be compressed .

RL26 would be another good choice , not compressed .
with RL26 I'd start at 88 grains , and work towards 94 grains 100 % case fill at max

if I were doing this in my Lapua ;

with RL33 , I'd start at 101 grain , and work towards 107 grains 114% case fill at max
with Retumbo I'd start at 95 grains , and work towards 101 grains 115% case fill at max

both powders will be compressed .

RL26 would be another good choice , not compressed .
with RL26 I'd start at 88 grains , and work towards 94 grains 100 % case fill at max
That's great advice Jim you were pretty much right on the money and I appreciate it!